Skip to content
Right and wrong
charayne posted:
Hi. My 23 yr old son was diagnosed ADD when he was 9 yrs old. Of course he was put on all the ADD meds. Now as an adult he has been in trouble with the law and does not seem to understand consequences. He was arrested for marijuana possession and has court Jan 8. He claims the pot helps him think etc. it is not legal on NC. I have stressed that it IS illegal to no avail. There are many other examples as well. I haven't seen anything about knowing the differences between "right and wrong". Any extra help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

greensngravy responded:
I have exactly the same situation. My son seems to understand right from wrong but he doesn't seem to believe that he will ever get caught. I have sat him down many times and he says he understands, but his behaviors say otherwise. Don't really know what to do!

Spotlight: Member Stories

~*~Art and Autism~*~ My 13 year old daughter has Autism and Art has been a wonderful outlet for her. It allows her to express herself in a positive wa...More

Helpful Tips

Mom of 21 year old with PDD/Aspergers
I know that when my son was young I would have loved to hear this. He is now in a four year college and doing okay. Not great but okay. He ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.