Skip to content
How do I start this process?
rfinger22 posted:
My wife has had a ton of challenges in life. As we got together, while she expressed clear symptoms of depression and low self esteem, as time went on, she didn't get better, she got "different." I didn't think much of anything until after we got married and we had our first baby. The entire time, she was very picky to very small details about a ton of things going exact ways. I didn't put two and two together until our first daughter was born and I then saw a bunch of things I now didn't fully understand. After talking with a friend of mine about it who is a psychiatrist, I described the things i was seeing with her, and he asked me if I ever looked into autism. I told him I hadn't and he said that everything I had just described about her was autistic in nature. The more I read about it, the more I see that it describes her almost to a T.

I've been struggling finding her the right help, finding her resources to get parenting support and coaching, and things that will help her, our two girls, and me in living the best life possible we can with each other.

First, she has never been formally diagnosed with having it. Any advice on how to pursue that?

Second, what resources are there for her to get support in things like parenting with our two girls? What resources are available for me in getting support on how to deal with her who doesn't understand the world around her and isn't understanding why things aren't going exactly her way, and how to coach her with that?

Any help would be immensely appreciated. Divorce and leaving her is not the right solution, and I want to see what I can do to keep things "normal" as much as I can.

Thanks!!!

momuv4girls responded:
Hi,

If you don't mind writing back with your City/State of residence, I can try to find some local resources for you to explore.

You sound like a loving husband/father, how wonderful your wife has you!!

-Kathleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

Have Asperger syndrome and encopresis.

Helpful Tips

WOW! THIS SPELL CASTER LORD SHINNOK BROUGHT BACK MY EX.
Lord Shinnok, Here is my testimony from your Heart Warming indebted Client (Myranda Hammons from United states) Sir i had to write back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.