Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My child with Aspergers, please help
An_257434 posted:
My child has aspergers and ocd hes 13. Very smart, funny, and people love him. In the past year hes had trouble. He learned about puberty and how the body changes in school. I thought it would be good for him. It has back fired in my face. He has become obsessed by it. To the point he has involved younger kids in the family. Just looking and a little touching. We have taken steps to correct this. We contacted his therapist, cps, and police. And he is never out of our site now. Im worried. What does this mean? Im hoping the change in his medicine, increase of therapy, and home schooling will help. Has anyone else gone through this? Does anyone have advise?

deby36 responded:
Hi An , My name is Deborah Drosos i am 36 and i have aspergers , i remember growing up when i used to bother people a lot , i didnt know when to stop , always was somebody else stoping me , i learn how to beha ve over the years on how to be polite with others , by paying the consecuenses of my acts , and i had to forced my self to dicipline my acts , i hope you get help for your child soon.

Spotlight: Member Stories

~*~Art and Autism~*~ My 13 year old daughter has Autism and Art has been a wonderful outlet for her. It allows her to express herself in a positive wa...More

Helpful Tips

ipods for autism
I am an autism specific teacher and this year have made huge language strides using ipods. Check out this video about my students. ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.