Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
SCS trial is December 7th
broken_angel2003 posted:
It has been a long time since I have posted on here and I feel kind of bad about that but I remember all of my friends on here and will try to do better posting in the future. I look forward to hearing from all of my old friends on here and making new ones too.

So after trying to get an SCS done since May of this year, it is finally about to happen. I have passed the required psych eval and completed all of my doctor's requirements. I was originally scheduled to have it in September but ended up with a nasty case of bronchitis and a really nasty asthma flare. So it got postponed until the bronchitis got better. My asthma finally settled down with an increase in asthma meds.I have fallen 4 times this year since February which my pain doc thinks is due to my sciatica and back problems. I was in PT for 4 months due to an ACL reconstruction/meniscus repair surgery that was caused by one of the falls so that just continued to delay things.

My pain doctor moved out of state so they transferred all of his patients to a new doctor so I had to see him first. I usually always see the PA at my pain clinic and he is still there so I am glad I had someone there who was already familiar with my back problems and could get the new doctor up to date on my issues. Then my psych eval was rescheduled several times by the psychiatrist but I finally had it and passed it. It took them 3 weeks to send the approval over to the pain doc. When they finally called me to get the SCS trial set up I knew I would be waiting a while because my pain doc has another office in another town 35 miles away and only sees patients here on Wednesdays. The Thanksgiving holiday delayed the procedure more.

So you can see it has been a long process for me and a very aggravating one. The SCS trial is scheduled for December 7th and I will go in on December 12th to have it removed and discuss the results and whether or not we will proceed with the permanent stimulator. The trial procedure has already been pre-authorized by my insurance so I am just waiting now.

I really hope that the SCS trial works so I can go ahead with the permanent one. It would be nice to have enough of a reduction in my pain where I can just walk, stand, and do normal everyday activities without constant pain. But if it doesn't work I know I will be disappointed but my doctor has assured me that he will do everything he possibly can to help me reduce my pain. He says I am way too young(26 years old) to have to live with this level of pain and I agree with him. He says that there are lots of other options out there for me to try even if the SCS doesn't work for me so I am hopeful that 2012 will be a better year for me pain wise than this year has been.

I will post after I have the trial SCS to let everyone know how I am doing.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i've been using tramadol for about 6 months now and it's not working for my pain,i have spinal stenosis and i'm looking for a stronger med...More

Helpful Tips

Muscle Knots: An ACTUAL Long-Term Fix...under $50
I've had problems with muscle knots for a few years now, and have been continuously experimenting with solutions. The chiropractor failed, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.