Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Neck Surgery
daleybarnett posted:
Hello, I'm new to the community. I would like to hear from someone who has had a SUCCESSFUL discectomy fusion surgery before? This is for my friend,and I am afraid that we have talked to many and they have given us ALL NEGATIVE feedback. Please, let me hear your thoughts. We are running out of time.

eagleeye60 responded:
hello well to be truthful there is really nothing positive about any type of surgery unless absolutely i have had a successful c5-c6 fusion with a doner graph implant and a metal plate and it is so far a success as far as the fusion it self went, but in my case the above and below the fusion are already starting to have issues which can happen and is not uncommon according to my surgen the surgery was a year and three months ago and the fusion has taken great

dorvin responded:
I was in a bike accident in 2001 and crushed T-1, C7 and had them replaced and fused. I have full range of motion and little neck pain. Before that I had two herniated disks and had them fused and would do it all over again.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Dave. I am 53 years old, married to the most wonderful woman in the world for 22 years now, and have two great sons ages 18 and 20. We live...More

Helpful Tips

feelin bad
im in constant pain. L5 and 6 were fused almost a yr ago now and ive never been in so much pain in my life.im 38 yrs old. my kids r and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.