Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Squeezing pain deep inside neck above collar bone
actfray posted:
Yesterday, I started experiencing a very painful squeezing sensation in the pit just above my right collar bone below my neck. It would squeeze for about 5 seconds and then release. I first experienced this sensation about 15 years ago, but it would only last for a few minutes. Last night it occured off and on for 12 hours and even prevented me from sleeping. I do not have any chest pain, tingling in my arms, or numbness. I tried taking a NSAID as well as a muscle relaxant, but neither one helped. Today, the occurances are less frequent, but still occur enough to give me concern.

A thorough Google search turned up nothing on this weird ailment. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

An_246207 responded:
I have been experiencing the same squeezing pain above my collar bone just on the left side. its been on and off for over a year but more frequent and concerning recently. its a very hard feeling to describe.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I need cervical spinal surgery. My insurance will only cover the fusion type. I'd rather have the artiificial disk replacement surgery. UnitedHeal...More

Helpful Tips

Muscle Knots: An ACTUAL Long-Term Fix...under $50
I've had problems with muscle knots for a few years now, and have been continuously experimenting with solutions. The chiropractor failed, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.