Skip to content
another surgery
sohofisher posted:
I had a fusion surgery at L5 S1 in 1999 after two surgeries to remove bulging disc. After about 4 or 5 months the back and leg pain returned. The surgeon said I had a failed surgical back and that if he went back in the scar tisue would just get thicker each time and make the pain worse. So I've lived with this and accepted it. I haven't worked since 1998. I have had numberous epidural injections, therapies and been hooked on oxycontin. Thank God I got off and now just try to deal with pain and loss of sleep and not biting peoples heads off. My pain management Dr sent me for a consult to try a spinal cord stimulator. The Dr. immediately started talking another surgery because the type of fusion I had was not stable over time. He said I needed rods and screws and to remove the impingement. I asked him about the scar tissue and he said it could be bone or disc or scar tissue or part of the fusion. I had a myelagram and he said that confirms his diagnosis. He could not understand why I didn't want to jump right in and have surgery. He would not give me a estimate of fixing all my problems like 50/ 50 or whatever. I have asked for a second opinion and will see him 3/15. Can anyone share with me good or bad if you have had a similar experience? I had great hope on the first fusion and it failed now I don't know if I can find any hope for a second one to even have it./

Spotlight: Member Stories

I need cervical spinal surgery. My insurance will only cover the fusion type. I'd rather have the artiificial disk replacement surgery. UnitedHeal...More

Helpful Tips

feelin bad
im in constant pain. L5 and 6 were fused almost a yr ago now and ive never been in so much pain in my 38 yrs old. my kids r and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.