Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fractured C2, Herniated C5 & C6, Lumbar Issues
redhead_1972 posted:
I fractured my neck at C2 in July, 2010. I was extremely fortunate that I walked away from that accident. Long story, short...My orthopedic surgeon continues to tell me that CAT scans and MRI's still show a hairline fracture at C2, and he also discovered moderately herniated discs at C5, C6. I have constant pain in my neck and between my shoulder blades, and it has been radiating down my arms as well. My hands go numb, as well as one of my thighs. I have been also telling my doctor how much pain I have in my lower back, too, that goes down into my behind and legs. I am at the point where the pain is more than I am able to handle, and my doctor will only prescribe two Tylenol 3 per day, which means that I am supplimenting with extra strength Tylenol, Excedrin, etc...I also take Naproxin twice a day. Nothing is helping. My husband is urging me to try Reflexology, which I am completely skeptical of. I have spoken to my doctor about chiropractic practices, physical therapy, etc., but he continues to tell me that they will not help (he even has a physical therapy practice in his office setting), and that it's either surgery or put up with the pain, and he's not recommending surgery to my neck until absolutely necessary, which I agree with. He also tells me that I cannot fall, slip, have my spine manipulated in any way, etc., or I am putting my C2 fracture at greater risk. I just don't know what to do with the pain anymore. I'm finding that more and more I'm not sleeping at night due to the pain, I can't sit for more than a certain amount of time, even cooking Sunday dinner will put me on the couch for quite a while. Can anyone please give me your thoughts, experiences, etc.? I also promised my husband that I would research reflexology, but I don't think he understands the severity of this debilitating pain and why I am so leary about it. Thank you to anyone who can help or give information.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i've been using tramadol for about 6 months now and it's not working for my pain,i have spinal stenosis and i'm looking for a stronger med...More

Helpful Tips

spinal decompression
I had spinal fusion surgery too and the pain came back. I had 20 treatments of spinal decompression and am now pain free most days. Best ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.