Skip to content
lightheaded from muscle tension?
An_245438 posted:
Recently my workstation has changed in that I have a mousepad for a desktop (my other mouse was causing me thumb and joint pain in my hand because the computer and mouse are not working well/repetitive motion and tensing problems.) The mousepad is larger than that for a laptop, and to handle hot key combinations I have to really maneuver my fingers at odd angles and stretches.
Lately I have been experiencing light headedness and my doctor found that I have a tight muscle knot forming in my neck and shoulder on the left side. I feel like that strain is coming from the weird reaches and new tension I am creating in my left hand and shoulder given the mouse.
I was away for a few days and the muscle tension as well as the spacey/lightheaded feeling went totally away. But now as I am back for the third day on this mouse I am light headed again this morning and have shoulder pain.
I know that I have to get off of this mouse completely, but I am curios if others have had this happen to them also. How common is this disconnected feeling, sort of a vertigo or half asleep feeling, as a symptom of tight muscles in the neck and shoulder?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I need cervical spinal surgery. My insurance will only cover the fusion type. I'd rather have the artiificial disk replacement surgery. UnitedHeal...More

Helpful Tips

spinal decompression
I had spinal fusion surgery too and the pain came back. I had 20 treatments of spinal decompression and am now pain free most days. Best ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful