Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
lightheaded from muscle tension?
An_245438 posted:
Recently my workstation has changed in that I have a mousepad for a desktop (my other mouse was causing me thumb and joint pain in my hand because the computer and mouse are not working well/repetitive motion and tensing problems.) The mousepad is larger than that for a laptop, and to handle hot key combinations I have to really maneuver my fingers at odd angles and stretches.
Lately I have been experiencing light headedness and my doctor found that I have a tight muscle knot forming in my neck and shoulder on the left side. I feel like that strain is coming from the weird reaches and new tension I am creating in my left hand and shoulder given the mouse.
I was away for a few days and the muscle tension as well as the spacey/lightheaded feeling went totally away. But now as I am back for the third day on this mouse I am light headed again this morning and have shoulder pain.
I know that I have to get off of this mouse completely, but I am curios if others have had this happen to them also. How common is this disconnected feeling, sort of a vertigo or half asleep feeling, as a symptom of tight muscles in the neck and shoulder?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Laney is an early 30's mom who has struggled off-and-on with pregnancy complications and chronic pain, not to mention a myriad of joint injuries a...More

Helpful Tips

spinal decompression
I had spinal fusion surgery too and the pain came back. I had 20 treatments of spinal decompression and am now pain free most days. Best ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.