Skip to content
confused afraid and depressed
concern216 posted:
hello everyone i am a 31 year old man, and have a herniated disc in my L5-Si segment. I have been through physical theropy and had two ESI injections. The second opinion I recieved left me with one last option fusion.. I have read and herd horrible stories.. I am afraid of surgery and afraid to not have the surgery.. How do you decide which is the better rout to take? I want to get better and relieve the pain in my leg and back but medication is not enough..If anyone has had fusion surgery in the same segment please let me know how you recovered I only have three weeks left to decide and im so confused

lindak627 responded:
Did you have surgery. I have had 2 lumbar fusions. Mine have been L3-4 and L4-5. I would do it again tomorrow. Both were successful (only thing I would do differently is pick a better hospital-I hated the one I had my 2nd done at) Anyway if you had surgery let us know and if you are still considering it and have more questions ask!

Spotlight: Member Stories

i've been using tramadol for about 6 months now and it's not working for my pain,i have spinal stenosis and i'm looking for a stronger med...More

Helpful Tips

Muscle Knots: An ACTUAL Long-Term Fix...under $50
I've had problems with muscle knots for a few years now, and have been continuously experimenting with solutions. The chiropractor failed, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.