Skip to content
Surgery? on Gabapentin and helping - C5/C6 - need fusion??unsure what do to
jesswoz33 posted:
I am looking for any advice here.... I've had issues for years however started looking into root cause this past January as the pain has gotten worse. Oral steroids - did nothing, physical therapy - nothing, will not do cervical shot. 2 MRIS done - and disc is getting worse. Surgeon recommends surgery to Fix the problem, however the excruciating nerve pain in right shoulder, arm and hand has recently greatly improved due to the medication - Gabapentin finally kicking in. Still have neck pain at night.
Im 35 years old - and unsure if I should just get this surgery done, or stay on medication for an unknown amount of time as I understand my disc will not simply fall back into place on its own.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Dave. I am 53 years old, married to the most wonderful woman in the world for 22 years now, and have two great sons ages 18 and 20. We live...More

Helpful Tips

Fusion not complete after 2 1/2 years
I had a fusion L4/L5/S1. I had seen my doctor 6 mths. after fusion. He told me it was complete, donnot call me unless I need another ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.