Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Possible collarbone bruise or fracture?
serulin posted:
Hi,

I've been having pain in my right lower collarbone area. The bone near the bottom seems to be swelled or popping out more than the left. The pain is tender and the area around it are also sore.

I am pretty sure i injured it about 4 days ago weight lifting specifically while doing incline bench and dips. The day after i was just sitting at work in a hunched bad posture and the pain suddenly hit me.

Specifically it hurts when i press on the bone, and i feel it also when i stretch my arm straight up, across my chest, and backwards.

I think it has improved a bit since the initial injury. ALSO, I didn't think it was serious at first so I continued to workout (doing pushups and bench and shoulder presses) the day after as well for about two more days because i could push through the pain and thought it was just sore.

What do you think the problem is? Is it my collarbone or just the tendons/muscules around it? I am very worried now and in alot of stress because it hasn't healed yet!

Thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Dave. I am 53 years old, married to the most wonderful woman in the world for 22 years now, and have two great sons ages 18 and 20. We live...More

Helpful Tips

spinal decompression
I had spinal fusion surgery too and the pain came back. I had 20 treatments of spinal decompression and am now pain free most days. Best ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.