Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
very confused
nancyshore posted:
hi
my name is nancy i had neck surgery amost 3 years ago i got hurt at work a box hit me in the back of my neck and shoulders . im so confused. here i sit cause thats all i can pretty much do. after i got hurt they said i had aurtritis. i spelled it wrong. anyways 3 months later after i got hurt i couldnt walk right my left side was just not working my neck was killing me the pain went into my fingers it felt like sharp knives went staright into them it was awful. finally they sent me to a spine doctor did the mri i had surgery the next day. c4 c5 was cutting off my spinal cord i was close to being paralized. i still cant walk right now im dealing with my left side still but its has been getting worse no pain meds come close to letting me sleep i wake up every night swinging my arms in my sleep i wake up and just cry. the other day i called my lawyer said ok i had enough he was about to close my case i said no. they told me i can work lol. how? i have been going to the hospital cause i know this is not right both my arms now hurt my doctor has me in physical therapy its worse. so i went to my doc i was crying telling him i can do nothing afraid to drive. he left came back with a book opened it up to the spine section went down the list got to c6 c7 it said arms he just looked at me i had an emg done the doctor did say go back to the spine doc get another mri i did he didnt do that he did an xray i was angry. but was relieved when he showed me the book and c6 c7 said arms well tommorrow i have to call back and go see the surgeon again my lawyer stopped the settlement part and he said i need to go back so i am. i cannot live like this forever. can anyone relate or have been thru this i know im not alone. but just upset that they keep blowing it off im ready to rent a room at the hospital. sorry so long but i needed to get it out thx

robinwilliams responded:
Hi nancy, Your problem sounds serious, a good orthopedic doctor can suggest you the best. Wishing you a pain-free day.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Laney is an early 30's mom who has struggled off-and-on with pregnancy complications and chronic pain, not to mention a myriad of joint injuries a...More

Helpful Tips

spinal decompression
I had spinal fusion surgery too and the pain came back. I had 20 treatments of spinal decompression and am now pain free most days. Best ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.