Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    How do I deal with this?
    whatamisupposedtodo posted:
    I was injured on the job 3 months ago and since then I've been in a lot of pain and experiencing an occasional shocking pain in my lower back. I've had an MRI and x-ray and both look good. The doctor I've been seeing has no idea what's causing my problem. Anyone go through something similar, or have any ideas as to what I need to do next?
    davedsel57 responded:

    Have you filed a workman's compensation claim? Have you contracted a workman's compensation attorney. You must do both to get the treatment you need. You should seek opinions from spine specialists such as spinal orthopedic surgeons and spinal neurosurgeons.

    If you can not work, then your doctor needs to document that you are 100% disabled. You will continue to receive 66% of you pay but it is tax exempt. You may be able to return to work with restrictions.

    You may also want to post this on the WebMD Back Pain Community or the WebMD Pain Management Community. This community does not have much activity and is not moderated.

    I hope all this works out for you.
    - Blessings,

    Praveen15 responded:
    Cervical Support are the best solution for cervical pain, Healthgenie is providing ortho supports of various brands such as lp, tynor, paramount at huge discount.
    robinwilliams responded:
    Hi, here are some tips for you-
    • Avoid lifting heavy objects.
    • May be the cause of your problem is stress. So, learn to manage stress.
    • Keep your back and stomach muscles strong,
    • use good posture.
    Is the pain still persists, i would suggest you to visit a good Orthopedic Doctor .
    youllfeelbetter responded:
    You may want to try going to a Chiropractor . Workman's Compensation will most certainly pay for your care.
    bbeknk replied to Praveen15's response:
    Thanks praveen, but when I opened your link, it's not working. After searching I got cervical support and bought the paramount cervical vertibra. It's quality is quite good and effective for healing my neck pain.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I need to know from someone whose spinal fusion didnot work the first time. I am not a smoker, yet my fusion after 2 1/2 years didnnot complete itself...More

    Helpful Tips

    feelin bad
    im in constant pain. L5 and 6 were fused almost a yr ago now and ive never been in so much pain in my 38 yrs old. my kids r and ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.