Skip to content
How do I deal with this?
whatamisupposedtodo posted:
I was injured on the job 3 months ago and since then I've been in a lot of pain and experiencing an occasional shocking pain in my lower back. I've had an MRI and x-ray and both look good. The doctor I've been seeing has no idea what's causing my problem. Anyone go through something similar, or have any ideas as to what I need to do next?
davedsel57 responded:

Have you filed a workman's compensation claim? Have you contracted a workman's compensation attorney. You must do both to get the treatment you need. You should seek opinions from spine specialists such as spinal orthopedic surgeons and spinal neurosurgeons.

If you can not work, then your doctor needs to document that you are 100% disabled. You will continue to receive 66% of you pay but it is tax exempt. You may be able to return to work with restrictions.

You may also want to post this on the WebMD Back Pain Community or the WebMD Pain Management Community. This community does not have much activity and is not moderated.

I hope all this works out for you.
- Blessings,

Praveen15 responded:
Cervical Support are the best solution for cervical pain, Healthgenie is providing ortho supports of various brands such as lp, tynor, paramount at huge discount.
robinwilliams responded:
Hi, here are some tips for you-
  • Avoid lifting heavy objects.
  • May be the cause of your problem is stress. So, learn to manage stress.
  • Keep your back and stomach muscles strong,
  • use good posture.
Is the pain still persists, i would suggest you to visit a good Orthopedic Doctor .
youllfeelbetter responded:
You may want to try going to a Chiropractor . Workman's Compensation will most certainly pay for your care.
bbeknk replied to Praveen15's response:
Thanks praveen, but when I opened your link, it's not working. After searching I got cervical support and bought the paramount cervical vertibra. It's quality is quite good and effective for healing my neck pain.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Dave. I am 53 years old, married to the most wonderful woman in the world for 22 years now, and have two great sons ages 18 and 20. We live...More

Helpful Tips

spinal decompression
I had spinal fusion surgery too and the pain came back. I had 20 treatments of spinal decompression and am now pain free most days. Best ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.