Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Post cervical fusion, 6 yrs later a lot of pain in neck, arms
An_250505 posted:
Hello, I am new to this. I had a neck fusion at C5-C6 6 years ago. The disks above and below the fusion were almost just as bad at the C5-C6 level. I have been in therapy. I am still going to a pain management dr. I have pain in the base of my neck almost every day, burning at base of neck and outwards to both shoulders. Both upper arm pain, forearm pain. The burning at base of neck and out and on the shoulders is new. I didn't have that before my surgery. I also have a couple bad disks in my low back. I can't do anything with my arms, like vacuum, I can't clean the house or I suffer for days. I was on morphine and oxycodone for 5 1/2 years. I started having stomach problems because of all the pain meds and got off of them and am now taking Suboxone for pain relief and muscle relaxants. I get a little relief from it but not enough. A family dr. told me after looking at my MRI that he said my neck was the worst he has ever seen. I just don't know what to do. I am so anxious and am now on antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds and sleep meds. Man, I am sick of this and don't know what to do. I don't have health insurance either. Just sharing anyone have any ideas. I also think I may have fibromylasia (sp?). All of the sudden I hurt all over as if I have a temperature and have to lay down.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Laney is an early 30's mom who has struggled off-and-on with pregnancy complications and chronic pain, not to mention a myriad of joint injuries a...More

Helpful Tips

spinal decompression
I had spinal fusion surgery too and the pain came back. I had 20 treatments of spinal decompression and am now pain free most days. Best ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.