Skip to content
Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
An_251538 posted:
I was recently diagnosed with LSS 3 months ago and my life has been turned upside down. I cannot walk or stand for more than 15 minutes and I am only 36 years old. I recently had my 2nd epidural and am starting PT soon but am not optimistic as the paid is intensifying. At this point, I feel defeated and went from a happy go lucky person to living in constant pain and fear. I dont see a positive outcome without having surgery. Any advise would be much appreciated.

mit25 responded:
I've just come to this site & see that it has been 5 months ago since your post so I think you've probably progressed somewhat in that time, I hope it is for the better. I too have Lumbar Spinal Stenosis as well as a long list of other spinal, back,leg,neck and so on serious problems. You mentioned starting PT soon & I know that it can help some people, but everyone is different you have to take it all at your own pace.
I'm 53 years old and have gotten worse with my specific conditions so I don't want to discourage you by saying that because my back problems started over 23 yrs. ago. I have had only 1 actual lumbar surgery and that was 1999. Also you mentioned epidural and I can't remember how many of those I've had over the years but most of the time I do get relief for a while from those. My best advise to you is to try to never let it get the best of you although saying it is easy but believe me I know that you know when you are in severe pain and even strong Rx medication for pain doesn't seem to help much it's very discouraging to anyone. I can say that to find a Doctor that does understand and relate to your feelings, condition, and emotion will be the best treatment you can get and never be ashamed to take advice for psychological therapy too as this may play a big role in your ongoing recovery or attitude about a lot of this situation. I really hope you get the best treatment out there as treatment
options continue to progress and best wishes to you also.

youllfeelbetter responded:
Chiropractors work with Lumbar Spinal Stenosis . You may want to consult with one.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I need to know from someone whose spinal fusion didnot work the first time. I am not a smoker, yet my fusion after 2 1/2 years didnnot complete itself...More

Helpful Tips

Muscle Knots: An ACTUAL Long-Term Fix...under $50
I've had problems with muscle knots for a few years now, and have been continuously experimenting with solutions. The chiropractor failed, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.