Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bi-Lateral Ulner Nerve Pain After Neck Fusion
tuttwiler posted:
I had a neck fusion in April 2010 that was succesful. About a year afterwards, I started having bi-lateral ulner nerve pains. I have had the following over the last two years: 2 MRI's, CT Scan, 2 Nerve Conduction tests and Physical Therapy. Nothing was visible from the tests and the Physical Therpy did not help. Now my doctor is recommending a Myelogram. I have tried nerve pain medication but to no relief. I cant talk on a phone without an ear piece. Bending my arms for a very short period is painful. I sleep in arm braces at night to keep my arms from bending. Over the last six months I have started getting a nerve pain in my left shoulder. Most of my Ulner Nerve pain happens when I sit at my desk during the day. On weekends when I am not at a desk, the pain is mild. However, on weekends, I still cant talk on a phone without an earpiece. I have tried different chairs, no arm rests, etc.. If I ever bump my arm on the Ulner Nerve region, it is very painful. After two years of dealing with this I am at my wits end. I am so sick of being in pain. Any advice, suggestions, or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

tuttwiler responded:
I forgot to mention that I have also had a round of steroid injections.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I need to know from someone whose spinal fusion didnot work the first time. I am not a smoker, yet my fusion after 2 1/2 years didnnot complete itself...More

Helpful Tips

Fusion not complete after 2 1/2 years
I had a fusion L4/L5/S1. I had seen my doctor 6 mths. after fusion. He told me it was complete, donnot call me unless I need another ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.