Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My neck surgery experience
Anon_161872 posted:
I had surgery on February 12 2013, at Parrish Medical Center, fusion and plating of C3, 4, 5, 6. While on the operating table, being put under anesthesia, the personnel were asking me private questions that were none of their business.

After surgery, while on the table, the personnel told me to lift my own head out of the head holder! After sugery, C3, C4, C5 and C6 fusion, they wanted me to lift my own head out of the head holder. Then they told me to lift my hips up and walk my body over to the other bed. This put pressure on my neck and the new surgery which could cause irreparable damage. I am 135 lbs. There were 3 to 4 men in the room, all of whom could have easily done their job of moving me to the bed. Finally a man lifted my head off the head holder and they moved me to the other bed. Then someone held my head up while they put down the Aspen collar and he then dropped my head, DROPPED my head onto the aspen collar causing searing pain to explode into my head. Then I was unconscious and god only knows what happened to me while I was unconscious.

I woke up in a hospital room in serious pain. I asked for pain meds and it seemed like 2 hours before they bothered to give me any pain medicine.

I woke up at one point with a hospital employee standing behind the head of my bed tickling one side of my head then the other to make me whip my head back and forth, another attempt at sabotage and an assault.

I have pain every day and I have difficulty swallowing. I have never seen those people before in my life. I have no idea why they would do something like that to me. I hope this is not the typical behavior of hospital personnel. Be extremely careful where you go to get surgery. Try to have family in the operating room if at all possible. That way there will be witnesses to protect you from this type of thing.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I need to know from someone whose spinal fusion didnot work the first time. I am not a smoker, yet my fusion after 2 1/2 years didnnot complete itself...More

Helpful Tips

Muscle Knots: An ACTUAL Long-Term Fix...under $50
I've had problems with muscle knots for a few years now, and have been continuously experimenting with solutions. The chiropractor failed, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.