Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Serious shoulder, neck and back pain
jryankellygbp posted:
So i have been dealing with lower to upper back pain for the past 5 months. I have had 2 MRIs, one showing a bulged disk in the lower back and the other was showing a few bulged disk in my upper back along with a fluid build up in my spine. But 5 days after the second MRI i was lifting barrels all day and slowely developed this terrible pain in my right shoulder. over the next few days it just got worse and worse to the point that i couldn't drink coffee or drive with that arm....it would immediatly go dead....felt like i was just dragging along a arm. The pain kept getting worse and worse and by friday it was so bad i was in a fetal position. seems to go from the neck to the end of my shoulder as well as behind. basically feels like it is being pulled from every direction. But on friday all of a sudden my body got so heavy that i could not walk...my entire body got numb, i couldn't breath. I was rushed to the hospital...they did every test in the book...everything came back alright. since that day the pain in my shoulder has gotten some what better but now any time i move my neck down or to the right i get the most shooting pain down my rib cage/ right back. I have been taking pain killers, muscle relaxers and nothing will touch it...all they do is confuse me. I will be seeing a orthepedic this week hopefully but i just wanted some other input. I am beginning to get very scared something is seriously wrong. Also if i move my should up or down i also get that shooting pain down my rib cage.Please help

Robinwilliams responded:
Good luck with your appointment. I hope everything goes well. There's nothing to worry about.Even i had back pain issues but my orthopedic doctor treated me very well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I need to know from someone whose spinal fusion didnot work the first time. I am not a smoker, yet my fusion after 2 1/2 years didnnot complete itself...More

Helpful Tips

feelin bad
im in constant pain. L5 and 6 were fused almost a yr ago now and ive never been in so much pain in my life.im 38 yrs old. my kids r and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.