Skip to content
Neck pain
Teacher418 posted:
I was wondering if anyone could give me advice... I am 24 years old and have been in pain for almost 2 years now. I am active and healthy. However, being in pain has greatly reduced me working out and I am unable to do upper body activities anymore. It started off with upper back pain between my shoulder blades. I tried to live with it for a while, but the pain got pretty unbearable. It felt like someone was stabbing me in the back. I started off with physical therapy. I went for about 4 months and I finally started to feel better. After 1 month of not attending physical therapy pain came back. Now the pain is only on my right side. It is mainly in my neck and I get dull aching pains down my arm. The pain is so bad at times that it will be my entire right side even giving me a headache. I cant sleep at night. I have been going to physical therapy again for about 9 months. It doesn't give much relieve anymore, but sometimes the tissue massage helps a bit. I have had a cervical MRI, a shoulder MRI, X-rays and an EMG. All have shown nothing but bulging discs and they said they aren't pushing on a nerve. I am so frustrated and depressed that I can be in this much pain and no doctors can figure out what is wrong with me. It is so upsetting to be in my early 20s and feel that I will be in pain for the rest of my life. Any advice of what to do?

robinwilliams responded:
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I know very good orthopedics doctors, may be they can help you with your problems. You can visit OrthoTexas . Best wishes

jameson007 responded:
Sorry to hear about your pain. Are your icing ? Careful with heat though. If you are already inflamed heat can make it worse. I created a product years ago to deal with my neck pain. Take a look.. http://necksus.com. We are on amazon as well. Not trying to pitch a product at your expense. I am an Orthosis Fitter and my patients love this brace. Take a look it could help

Sincerely Jameson

Spotlight: Member Stories

I need to know from someone whose spinal fusion didnot work the first time. I am not a smoker, yet my fusion after 2 1/2 years didnnot complete itself...More

Helpful Tips

Muscle Knots: An ACTUAL Long-Term Fix...under $50
I've had problems with muscle knots for a few years now, and have been continuously experimenting with solutions. The chiropractor failed, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful