Skip to content
Lower neck and shoulder pain down right side
sheetrockone88 posted:
Firstly I'm Matt

I'm 25 and need some and advice on neck and and shoulder pain increase.

I hang sheetrock by trade and started having pain in my lower neck and shoulder area I went to see a physician he ordered an mri and recommended me to a neurosurgeon he told me I had a bulging disc at c6 in my neck and and I had an emg done as as well there was some irregularities in my rhomboids and similar muscles I have just dealt with the pain until recently.

Here is my where my problem is I had a auto accident while recreational dirt biking (no auto insurance coverage for this) well the pain has moved from just lower neck and shoulder blade to my lower to mid neck and shoulder down my upper arm as well now.

My question is did I make the disc bulge even worse or could there be another more serious problem.

My neurosurgeon physician doesn't have any open appointments until after thanksgiving and even then I may be seen until January.

Thanks in advance for any info

dsparksnorwood responded:
Sheetrockone88 ~ go to the ER. You need to have this looked at now, do not wait. It's traveling down on you. I have had two neck surgeries and 1 lumbar surgery. I had bulging disc's in my neck and it was traveling down my arm into my fingers. I was told by my neurosurgeon never wait when the pain is traveling. Keep us posted. Best Wishes

sno2cold replied to dsparksnorwood's response:
don't rule out rotator cuff problems

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Dave. I am 53 years old, married to the most wonderful woman in the world for 22 years now, and have two great sons ages 18 and 20. We live...More

Helpful Tips

Muscle Knots: An ACTUAL Long-Term Fix...under $50
I've had problems with muscle knots for a few years now, and have been continuously experimenting with solutions. The chiropractor failed, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.