Skip to content
Cervical disc injuries? hemangioma? lesion?
kadebraylen posted:
Hello!
I'm a 27 year old female. Back in 2012, I had an mri done that revealed disc injuries in every cervical disc as well as DDD and injuries to the lumbar discs. I recently fell down my outside steps and had a repeat MRI to asses the damage. Current symptoms; pain in neck, headaches, neuropathy in left arm, pain in upper back above bra clasp kind of in between shoulders, stiffness in neck/upperback. fatigue/tired feeling in left arm. The past few days, my legs have been feeling a little weak too.
I already had my first PT session before the MRI which revealed a lesser reflex in my left forearm area.
The mri results will be posted below just in case someone can help with the info. I don't have an appt with a neurosurgeon for another 2 weeks. The walk-in dr helped to decipher a little of the MRI, but i'm still confused. I know most of the disc injuries are minor though. I just would love some help understanding if things will improve from here, what the courses of treatment aside from PT will be, and if surgery will eventually be necessary. A previous dr in 2012 told me all these injuries were "normal" with my age.. which was 25 at the time. ;/ I'm a mother of two, so "resting" is an option through most of the day as I'd like. haha.
I'm posting questions right next to the results so mabye someone can help ! haha
MRI was done on cervical only results:
Findings; slight reversal of normal lordosis of the cervical spine with a prominent posterior spondylitic ridge identified. [ Now I know that the neck is typically a c shape, and this means that it is starting to reverse, but what is the prominentn posterior spondylitic ridge area mean? >
There is disc desiccation identified multiple levels of the cervical spine. there is submnetal lymph nodes identified with as nonspecific specifically left side.
Spondylosis as detailed below;
c2-3: there is a mild diffuse disc osteophyte complex with facet hypertrophy thickening ligamentum flvum noted.
c3-4: there is a mild diffuse disc osteophyte complex with facet hypertrophy thickening ligamentum flvum noted. There is minimal central canal stenosis.
c4-5: There is a diffuse disc osteophyte complex with hypertrophy thickening ligamentum flvum noted. There is a focal protrusion seen in th eleft lateral recess with mild left neural foramen encroachment seen. There is minimal central canal senosis identified. [ This is a pinched nerve caused by bulging disc, correct? >
c5-6: there is a mild diffuse disc osteophyte complex with facet hypertrophy thickening ligamentum flvum noted. there is mild left neural forament encroachment.
c6-7: there is a mild diffuse disc osteophyte complex with facet hypertrophy thickening ligamentum flvum noted. there is mild left neural forament encroachment.
[ Does that mean the pinched nerve is from c4-c7? or just c4-c5? >
There is a focal area signal alteration associiated with the T3 vertebral body which is slightly atypical in appearance for a hemangioma however this may be the likely etiology for this finding. There is mild mucosal thickening of the paranasal sinuses. This study is lsightly limited secondary motion.
Impression:
mild multilevel spondylosis as noted above with mild leeft neural foramen encroachment seen.
nonspecific lymph nodes of the neck particularly in the left submental/left jugular chain location.
T3 vertebral body lesion.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Dave. I am 53 years old, married to the most wonderful woman in the world for 22 years now, and have two great sons ages 18 and 20. We live...More

Helpful Tips

spinal decompression
I had spinal fusion surgery too and the pain came back. I had 20 treatments of spinal decompression and am now pain free most days. Best ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful