Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cervical disc injuries? hemangioma? lesion?
kadebraylen posted:
Hello!
I'm a 27 year old female. Back in 2012, I had an mri done that revealed disc injuries in every cervical disc as well as DDD and injuries to the lumbar discs. I recently fell down my outside steps and had a repeat MRI to asses the damage. Current symptoms; pain in neck, headaches, neuropathy in left arm, pain in upper back above bra clasp kind of in between shoulders, stiffness in neck/upperback. fatigue/tired feeling in left arm. The past few days, my legs have been feeling a little weak too.
I already had my first PT session before the MRI which revealed a lesser reflex in my left forearm area.
The mri results will be posted below just in case someone can help with the info. I don't have an appt with a neurosurgeon for another 2 weeks. The walk-in dr helped to decipher a little of the MRI, but i'm still confused. I know most of the disc injuries are minor though. I just would love some help understanding if things will improve from here, what the courses of treatment aside from PT will be, and if surgery will eventually be necessary. A previous dr in 2012 told me all these injuries were "normal" with my age.. which was 25 at the time. ;/ I'm a mother of two, so "resting" is an option through most of the day as I'd like. haha.
I'm posting questions right next to the results so mabye someone can help ! haha
MRI was done on cervical only results:
Findings; slight reversal of normal lordosis of the cervical spine with a prominent posterior spondylitic ridge identified. [ Now I know that the neck is typically a c shape, and this means that it is starting to reverse, but what is the prominentn posterior spondylitic ridge area mean? >
There is disc desiccation identified multiple levels of the cervical spine. there is submnetal lymph nodes identified with as nonspecific specifically left side.
Spondylosis as detailed below;
c2-3: there is a mild diffuse disc osteophyte complex with facet hypertrophy thickening ligamentum flvum noted.
c3-4: there is a mild diffuse disc osteophyte complex with facet hypertrophy thickening ligamentum flvum noted. There is minimal central canal stenosis.
c4-5: There is a diffuse disc osteophyte complex with hypertrophy thickening ligamentum flvum noted. There is a focal protrusion seen in th eleft lateral recess with mild left neural foramen encroachment seen. There is minimal central canal senosis identified. [ This is a pinched nerve caused by bulging disc, correct? >
c5-6: there is a mild diffuse disc osteophyte complex with facet hypertrophy thickening ligamentum flvum noted. there is mild left neural forament encroachment.
c6-7: there is a mild diffuse disc osteophyte complex with facet hypertrophy thickening ligamentum flvum noted. there is mild left neural forament encroachment.
[ Does that mean the pinched nerve is from c4-c7? or just c4-c5? >
There is a focal area signal alteration associiated with the T3 vertebral body which is slightly atypical in appearance for a hemangioma however this may be the likely etiology for this finding. There is mild mucosal thickening of the paranasal sinuses. This study is lsightly limited secondary motion.
Impression:
mild multilevel spondylosis as noted above with mild leeft neural foramen encroachment seen.
nonspecific lymph nodes of the neck particularly in the left submental/left jugular chain location.
T3 vertebral body lesion.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I need cervical spinal surgery. My insurance will only cover the fusion type. I'd rather have the artiificial disk replacement surgery. UnitedHeal...More

Helpful Tips

Muscle Knots: An ACTUAL Long-Term Fix...under $50
I've had problems with muscle knots for a few years now, and have been continuously experimenting with solutions. The chiropractor failed, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.