Skip to content
Low back on left side
John200 posted:
In February 2010 I began getting pain in my left lower back near the tail bone. I notice the pain only when I stand. The pain is worse in the morning. My doctor told me that I have a problem with my sacroiliac joint, he gave me 800mg Mortin (1 every 8 hours). I've gone through 2 (90) pill bottles, but the pain is still there in the morning. I also began seeing a chiropractor, which has seemed to help somewhat, after he began doing low back traction.

4 weeks ago I had a bought with bronchitis, which caused me to cough so much and so hard I thought that it was causing pains below my right ribs (as has happened before when I get a chest cold or bronchitis). After the pain is my right ribs got worse and I had some strange bowl movements, I went to the emergency room, where I was diagnosed with a gall bladder attack. The gall bladder attacks have caused pain below my right ribs, my right upper chest, behind my right shoulder, and to the right of my spine. Could the gall bladder be causing the pain in my lower left back? Could the gall bladder have been going bad when I first noticed the low back pain in February 2010?

I saw my doctor today and he ordered two blood test and a sonogram. He told me that although the low back is not usually a site for gall bladder pain, he would not rule it out, until these test come back, and they make a decision on what to do for my gall bladder. He said if the back pain goes away after they treat whatever is causing the gall bladder attacks, great, if the back pain still continues then they'll do tests to find out what is causing it. He said to continue my low fat diet and gave me Vicodin for the pain.

My chiropractor also gave me some exercises and low back strecthes to do and the strecthes do help. I do the strecthes in the morning and at nighrt, but the pain ids still there in the morning. After the strecthes the pain stops for above 2-3 minutes, but starts back again.

Can anyone provide anything that I might do other than what I've already done? Thanks for any help.

earlyretirement responded:
hello, there is a procedure that a pain specialist can do and that is to directly inject your SI joint, I have had this done in the past and got wonderful resullts from it-just food for thought
John200 replied to earlyretirement's response:
Thanks for your reply.I'll my doctor about that precedure.
earlyretirement replied to John200's response:
Please do, and let us kow how things are going

Spotlight: Member Stories

Structural Integration Practitioner in Maine, specializing in neural and visceral mobilization.

Helpful Tips

feelin bad
im in constant pain. L5 and 6 were fused almost a yr ago now and ive never been in so much pain in my 38 yrs old. my kids r and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.