Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain at upper butt
An_189541 posted:
I have continuous pain at upper butt (side) for more than 1 year. What could be the reason? Need answer ASAP.

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

Unfortunately, you will need to see your doctor for an accurate diagnosis and a good treatment plan. All we can do is guess over the internet and that would not be helpful at all.

Start with your primary doctor and see what he/she thinks. Then come back and let us know what your diagnosis is and the proposed treatment plan.
Blessings, -Dave

Mooless responded:
I have had this also, but with tailbone, and hip pain, too. I was told that my muscles were too tight, and were pulling on my tailbone, and the nerves that connect it, and I had to keep moving, and exercising, to loosen up the muscles. A deep tissue massage might help, or a chiropractor. That is the only thing that is helping me, and I have had this for 6 years, sometimes unbearable pain, burning and stinging. Hope this helps you.

Geradine4733 responded:
You have been given good advice. It does sound like muscle or nerve pain. Pain is a sympton and a red flag that should be respected by going to see your doctor. It could be something minor or it could be serious. You are worth the trip to your doctor.

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center