Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Flank Pain
jszaradowski posted:
Last Wednesday December 15, 2010 when I got up to go to work to unload the truck , I had severe pain in my left side below the ribs, above the waist as in reading this and other websites refer to it as flank pain. I still had that severe pain the next day, barely move The pain was so severe that I could barely move to get up to use the bathroom or just to lay from my back to my side, etc. But only that evening I cointinually felt like I needed to go thre bathroom even though I had just gone to the bathroom and everytime I went very llittle came out. I now don't feel the urge to go to the bathroom as often, but still have the same back pain on my left side it is not as bad as last Wednesday or Thursday and the pain was not as bad yesterday. I was laying an ice pack in that general spot which did seem to help with the pain a little both on Thursday, and Friday and will use it tonight when i go to bed between 8PM-9PM. I do not feel nausea or vomiting and do not have pink or red in my urine.

Any advice on what it could be or what I should do?
Should I see a doctor for this and what could happen if I don't?

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

We are a group of lay people who have experience with back pain. The health expert assigned to this community has not visited in a long time due to his busy schedule.

You can read through the Tip I created for getting back pain diagnosed and treated here: http://forums.webmd.com/3/back-pain-exchange/tip/18?@guest@

If you are continuing to experience pain, then you need to get medical attention. If this happened at work, then you need to report this to your supervisor and file a Workmen's Compensation claim.

Praying you can get the treatment and relief you need soon.
Blessings, -Dave

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
216 of 332 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center