Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My right arm is very uncomfortably numb. It feels like a nerve begining under my arm and traveling down the underside and into my two middle fingers and my thumb is intensly asleep
AlishaO posted:

Take the Poll

What can I do to make my arm/nerve heal?
  • Go to chiropractor
  • Decompress spine on inversion table
vote
View Poll Results

bj1208 responded:
Hi and welcome to the support group -

before doing any of the options listed, it's best that you see your primary care physician and let him/her know what you are feeling.

It's possible your doctor may refer you to a neurologist for a nerve conduction test.

I have carpel tunnel in both arms - when I discussed this with my pain management doctor (really thought I had a bulging disc in my upper back/neck area) he told me that it was more than likely carpel tunnel as the areas that go numb are the 3 fingers (pointer finger/middle finger/ring finger) - my pinkie and thumb was not affected. The nerve conduction test proved this to be true.

I had steroid injections done and so far it has lasted close to a year. I do get flare-ups and when I do I wear my braces and it does help. I think it's ironic that this has occurred now as I have not worked since 12/07 (was an accountant) and never had any problems in the 26 years I worked!

so please see your doctor about this as it does sound identical to mine and it turned out to be carpel tunnel -

please let us know what the doctor finds out - take care - Joy~~

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center