Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Searching for someone with this experience or knowledge
charl1942 posted:
I have not been on for a while as I have not been able to sit but minutes at the time and that has gotten worse over time. I have had several falls landing on my tailbone and the sitz bones. I have finally had a procedure called a pulsed radiofrequency on the tailbone which seems to have alleviated most of the pain there. As soon as that pain was lessened I noticed the pain I have now which is just as severe. I am treating with the most compassionate pain mgmt doctor that I have ever met. She is aware I now have trouble with what is called the Ishiel Tuborosity (or the area where you sit down). I hope there is something that can be done to help this pain. I get sick to my stomach from the pain. I am sure many or all of you understand what I mean. Over the last three years I have been checked over completly at Mayo Clinic not only for the cause of pain, but my drastic weight loss. I do not have cancer which I suppose is what they were primarily checking for.
If anyone can help, please do. I can not get any peace and sleep fitfully. I take oxycodone 15mg and neurontin as well as Alleve. This medication is not hacking it. The pain is only better the little while I sleep. As usual I am pretty much confined at home because of the location of the pain. Please, please help.

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center