Skip to content
Humpday Mornin Storm moanin
deach777 posted:
Mornin everyone, well we got the ice, everything is covered. It looks like an ice palace. Some power outages including my satellite dish. I put deucer on my car windows last night, didn't help its still covered thickly. Better use more this morning and let the car warm up extra. They have much salt down on the roads but still the ice is there. I don't hear any traffic except the salt trucks. Yikes
But Deacher has to work. With no one coming in i'll be able to do other store work. So how did everyone make out with this biggy storm??????
Give yourself a great day, God bless, ~Deach~ ohooo my sat. is trying to come on, yipppeee

deach777 responded:
Just after i posted my power went out, i'm back on. Just wanted to let you know Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring, he better be right. ~ LOL ~Deach~

bj1208 responded:
Moanin Deach, Dave and everyone! Well we survived the snow/blizzard storm - think a little bit over 2' of snow - YIKES -

Snow plows came thru the side streets around 1am - so there is the big plowed snow at the end of the driveways - DH wasn't even gonna try to shovel yesterday - just too much snow falling and would have covered up anything that was shoveled -

So guess he's gonna try and shovel today - my daughter's boyfriend came over last night - he got stuck on our street and he and my daughter shoveled a nice little square for his car to fit in! LOL Now there is about a foot or more at the end of the driveway where the darn plows came thru.

today, tonight and tomorrow we will have dangerous wind chills - 25-35 below! so think I will stay on my heating pad most of the day!~~

keep warm and be careful when shoveling - ^ Joy^

davedsel57 responded:
Good morning, Deach, Joy et al.

The bulk of the storm missed our area of WNY. We got a few inches of snow overnight and a little sleet. Guess it is not over yet so we will see.

I hope we don't get much more. We are scheduled to visit an assisted living facility for my dad tomorrow morning. Hopefully we can go and then visit him in the nursing home.

My back pains actually - unbelievably - have gotten a bit better. I was able to load and run the dishwasher yesterday. Maybe I'll get to wipe up the kitchen today. We'll see.

Have a blessed and wonderful Wednesday, friends.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story. Blessings, -Dave

orangetabby responded:
Well, we got socked in over here next Lake Mich. I am looking at some cars parked on the side street next to me. Most are in drifts up to the hoods/trunks. There is one across the street that all I can see of it is a little glass from the side windows. All the rest is in and under a snow drift. Somebody isn't going out until spring, i thnk!!! lolol With all of this blizzard and blowing and drifting, I think its impossible to tell what the storm totals are? Anyhow, I haven't heard them yet. Going to be a biggie.

Deach, poor fellow, I hope that you do have some nice peace and quiet in the store today. Then again, one or two customers to talk with about the ice might be fun? I sure think that walking/driving on ice is about the scariest. I'd rather try to deal with snow drifts? Or am I crazy? Anyhow, so far, so good on the my electricity. There are outages here too with downed wires, but I'd think that ice storms do more damage there too.

The main storm has now moved past and we are getting lake effect snow with winds from the north or northeast. I think the whole thing might wind down today?

orange

deach777 replied to orangetabby's response:
Evening everyone, was slow at work this morning but picked up after lunchtime. Temp. warmed up and melted much ice this afternoon. Ice on top of 15" of snow makes a hard going. Elect. went off again this afternoon ay home here, had to set clocks again. Home it stays on tonight. On the heating pad and keeping warm here. Have a good night, ~Deach~

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center