Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
paradoxed
charl1942 posted:
I hope you have not given up on me answering you. I have not been able to be on the computer and I am hoping you will see this new discussion.
My last procedure worked I think to ease the pain in the tailbone. The procedure that worked was a second pulsed radio frequency of the coccygeal nerves meaning (they zapped the nerves in the tailbone). Doctors seem to err on the side of caution, so few of the nerves the first time procedure were zapped. The second time was about 3-4 weeks later. This time I asked her to zapped all or as many as she could. There were several problems which anyone can stand if they truly want to get better! My release papers from the surgical center said I might have increased pain for a caouple of days, sleeplessness, and hot flashes. If I hadn't had that sheet I would have probably ended up at ER. It was terrrible for about two days and nights, but unless the sitz bones pain are masking the tailbone pain, it has certainly worked. The donut pillow was never an option for me, because I damaged the sitz bones too. Those are the Isheal tuborosity where you sit on each side of the tailbone and a bit higher. Yesterday I had a procedure for those bones. I asked her not to be conservative, but to shoot all areas with as much as possible to get relief. If I haven't told you before, ask the doc or the P.A. to please have the doc do the radio freqency procedure. My doc allowed me to have conscious sedation and it is really good as they are touching nerves and you will feel it, but only a minute even with the sedation. You will want that. Please research these procedures and ask the P.A. about them for your problem. Please let me know how you are doung now.

Helpful Tips

I have resolved my tailbone / coccyx pain (coccydynia)
About two years ago I started experiencing pain in my tailbone while sitting. If I sat for more than a couple minutes, the pain would start ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center