Skip to content


wedged disc
An_189658 posted:
i'm just curious as to what my dr meant when he said i had 6 wedged discs what its really called? there is nothing i can find that explains what it is and all my options to how to fix it this pain is constant i also have a buldging disc in my lower back and am i risking this getting worse by the chiropractor working on the wedged disc..he said it as a way to explain to me why it hurts my hips so bad but i'm trying to find out the options about it and i don't know what to look for ...
bj1208 responded:
hi and welcome to the support group

i found a link and am attaching it

about the 3rd paragraph down - mid way in the paragraph the sentence starts out: The wedge - many doctors use terminology that is not always correct - hope this site helps -

one thing - are you seeing the chiropractor on your own? what I would do is stop seeing the chiropractor until you have a full diagnosis of your back problems from either an Orthopedic Spine Specialist or a Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist this does not mean you need surgery it's that they are the best at reading film results- they will order proper tests (MRI/CT Scan etc) once they review those they can then let you know what the best course of treatment - if physical therapy and/or chiropractic treatments are needed then they can write the script for that and the proper script. you never want to go to a physical therapist or chiropractor blinded and not know exactly what's wrong with your back as they can do more harm than good. and if pain management treatments are needed they can refer you to one - I have found PHYSIATRIST Pain Management is the best - they go deeper into pain management than regular pain clinics (see link below)

hope this helps - take care - ^Joy^
grammas43 replied to bj1208's response:
thank you yes the site is helping...take care and hugs..

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
224 of 341 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center