Skip to content
Humpday really Moanin
deach777 posted:
Well to those that know me. My dog Jerry of 15 yrs. has gone to doggy heaven. I took him down this morning. snfffles. His last message to me... When i lifted him into the car my back gave a twinge. I know i shouldn't have lifted him but it had to be done and no one was here to help. So for the last time, i suffer for him. R.I.P. Jerry. God bless, ~Deach~

dianer01 responded:
Deach:

My heart goes out to you. Jerry has given you many years of love and joy and is now at peace. Your act today was selfless and in his best interest. Know that you have made the best decision possible and let your faith be your strength.

di

orangetabby responded:
Awwww. I guess you knew this day was coming. You were a good dad to Jerry and gave him all the comfort you could in his last difficult years. I am sure that he gave you lots of love in return. My sympathies on your loss of a long time faithful cmpanion. It is amazing how much our pets are a part of our lives.

Ouch on your back. Yes, I know that you do what you have to do for your pets. Even when it is very difficult for us physically, we love them and take care of them as best we can. Jerry looks like he was a good sized fellow for you to lift. lol I complain about trying to carry a cat out to the vets and back.

Anyhow, hugs, my friend.

orange

bj1208 responded:
Deach - I am so sorry - there is nothing worse than having to go thru this - we've lost 2 good dogs when we lived in CO - it's the hardest thing to do - My thoughts and prayers are with you -

take care - Joy

deach777 replied to dianer01's response:
Thanks Di, I know it was best for him but still I wish i could have done more. He will be missed much, God bless, ~Deach~

deach777 replied to orangetabby's response:
Hi Orange, long time no talk. Thanks. You know old dogs they kind of lay around esp. those that can't move to good. But he was there and did give me moments, good and bad. He seemed to be around 80lbs. when i took him in. Once was 110. I'm feeling it this morning but its livable. Going to work today, maybe if i get engrossed into work i'll be better.
Oh did you know Donna (Tigger)lost her husband last week? Long time with Stom. cancer.
Have a great day, ~DeacH~

deach777 replied to bj1208's response:
Thanks Joy, it is rough. I looked for him when i came downstairs this morning. Just saw a shadow. I'm sure it will take a while but grieving does take time. Hope you can have a low pain day. ~Deach~

fenton04 replied to deach777's response:
I know I haven t been around for awhile. But I want to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. If it is any comfort this comes to mind

I have fought a good fight
I have finished the race
I have kept the faith.

deach777 replied to fenton04's response:
Thanks Fenton, How you been? haven't see you for quite a while. Hope your doing well. ~Deach~

fenton04 replied to deach777's response:
still dealing with the damage the radiculpathy did to my L4 nerve. I was hoping to regain some of my patellar tendon use but not much happening. My new diagnosis is another year before we know if I have permanent damage. Good gravy its very frustrating..

bj1208 replied to fenton04's response:
hi fenton - long time from posts - I hope you decide to post more frequently - I've missed speaking with a lot of our ole' members! LOL

I'm so sorry this has happened - it's a shame you have to wait a year to see if there is any nerve damage -

Isn't there a type of nerve test they can do - like the EMG Nerve Conduction Test?? This is how they found my permanent nerve damage in both legs.

I would think this would work on that area -

Keep us posted - we now have 3 Physicians on board!!! That is great news for us!!

Take care - Joy

orangetabby replied to deach777's response:
Yea, I know, old cats just mostly like to lie around too specially if they have some underlying arthritic problems or other medical issues. Eventually there comes a day when you need to let them go. Knowing that it is the best thing to do does not make it any easier though. You can be glad that he is no longer suffering.

I do agree though that being busy at work is the best distraction from your loss.

Thanks for the info about Donna and Danny. I have lost touch with a lot of people who used to make this board their home. It kind of seems to me that the last time I had heard from Donna, the news was a tad encouraging. I am sorry to hear that he lost the battle.

orange

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center