Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Help Please!
CJ811 posted:
am getting sharp electrical pain in my spine numbness in my neck and uncontrollable shaking in my right arm. i have had a mri done on my entire spine with no contrast and all they could find was a cyst in my c6 area of the spine and my x-rays and blood work all came back neg. except for my sugar level was at 130. i also i have been getting periods when everything goes fuzzy and starts spinning. what exactly is this and what is a good treatment?
bj1208 responded:
hi and welcome to the support group -

It's hard to determine any type of treatment especially since the physicians we have on board have not examined you.

You seem to have several factors involved - one you have a cyst on your C6 - this could be causing the problems you are experiencing in your arm -

you also have a high sugar level which can cause the fuzzy/spinning feelings -

It's best that you see your primary care physician regarding the blood sugar level for diagnose - and for your cyst on your C6 you should either see an Orthopedic Spine Specialist or a Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist for treatment options.

I think this is the best suggestions that we can give -

Please have this done as soon as possible - take care - Joy
Ari Ben-Yishay, MD responded:
Your diagnosis is completely unclear and cannot be determined by your description of symptoms. I recommend you see a good Neurologist for an evaluation asap.
Dr Ben-Yishay

Helpful Tips

Snake Venom for Pain
By Jon Bardin October 3, 2012, 12:52 p.m. Nobody wants to be bitten by a black mamba. One of the most dangerous snakes in the world, its ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center