Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Neck and back pain question
kris5303 posted:
I have had neck pain and back pain for many years now, but overt the last year I am now having sharp pains run down my arms, my fingers will cramp up or even my elbow. I did go to a Dr who did an Xray and this showed nothing. I think it may be time for an MRI. My husband seems to think I may have a disk issue and maybe a pinched nerve. Any one have thought on this? To sum up my pain starts at the base of my neck and shoulders and goes down my arms. I have numbness and tingling as well.
bj1208 responded:
hi and welcome to the support group -

I think it is time - you need to see either an Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist -this does not mean u need surgery but they are the best at reading the results of MRI's - they can let you know what the best treatment plans for you -

you can ask your primary doc to refer you to a good spine specialist -

please let us know what happens - take care - Joy
Ari Ben-Yishay, MD responded:
You absolutely should see an Orthopaedic spine surgeon and get an MRI. Problem is most likely in your neck and an MRI will answer your questions.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center