Skip to content
Happy Memorial Day
bj1208 posted:
Just wanted to wish everyone a safe and Happy Memorial Day -

Let us pray for those Military people that are keeping us safe by putting themselves in the line of danger.

Prayers for ALL~~

deach777 responded:
Have a Happy memorial day, yourself, Joy. Its very hot here. We are in an early heatwave. Yikes. ~Deach~

davedsel57 responded:
Hello, Joy and everyone.

I read often but have not posted in a while. Life had become quite overwhelming as I was trying to get my dad the care he needs. He has settled into the memory care facility fairly well and is doing OK.

My wife is doing OK as well. She is still being treated by our chiropractor for back injuries she had at work. Workman's comp is actually being pretty good so far. She is feeling improvement as time goes by. Just working lots of hours as her store manager is having eye surgery tomorrow and she is in charge of the store for the next 4-6 weeks.

My pain levels have been elevated since I had a cavity filled at the dentist a few weeks ago. The way I had to sit in the chair and hold my neck and head caused extra pain. I'm on muscle relaxers as often as possible, so I can not drive. Slowly but surely I am feeling some improvement as well.

A big THANK YOU to all who have fought for our freedom over the years.

Happy Memorial Day.

Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story. Blessings, -Dave

bj1208 replied to davedsel57's response:
Hi Dave!!!! So glad to hear from you knowing you are dong well as well as your wife - sorry she is having more problems -

take care and drop by more often if you can - Love Joy

dianer01 responded:
Thanks Joy,

It is good to see you Deach and Dave!

I grew up in an area which made a huge deal of Memorial Day, the parade with the marching bands, the horses, the city vehicles all polished up and the Veterans groups. I remember those days fondly and stood in a wool marching band uniform in hot, humid weather listening to the speachs of the local politicians as they memorialized those lost in war over the years. There were picnics, baseball games and a real sense of community. I am grateful for the sense of community but even more so for the freedom which someone else paid for with their life.

di

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
218 of 335 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center