Skip to content
Mid August Mornin Moan
deach777 posted:
Morning everyone, Thought i'd drop in and give a moan here and there. Not much going on with me, Backs the same, sinus/allergies waccky. Internal system functioning but on watch guard. Working odd hours and the backs not liking it. Arthurs revolting or revenging, whatever. One more day closer to paradise. Hope to here from everyone, God bless, ~Deach~
Pets can not sin, because God made them in such a way that they are always true to the nature God created in them. Man, by on the other hand, is "free" to disobey his Godly nature and follow his sin nature. Death, remember, entered the world because of the sin of man, not the sin of an animal. We have been given control over the earth and animals but sometimes i think our pets have control over us. LOL How do I love thee, let me count the ways. They were talking about pets right. There's not much in the bible about pets but remember Christ was born in a stable among the animals and they honored Him. They know the power of the Lord,

bj1208 responded:
Moaning Deach and everyone!

Well we have another rainy day here - so my back is talking to me! LOL - good ole arthur is really getting on my nerves - they gave me a med to try, Mobic and I took it for an entire month - didn't feel any difference -says it takes 2 weeks before full effects but still no difference -

the problem I have is L4 moves slightly (2mm) but I can feel a popping/crunching feeling when I move - ugh

we've had such a weird start to August - temps at night have been in the 60's and our pool temp cooled down real fast going from 92 down to 85! now it's at 82 which is chilly but does feel good - usually August is our hottest month - but temps have been in the 80's - not complaining but we only had maybe 30 days of pool time - June was a wet month and cool and then WHAM! we got hit with the horrid temps in July!

my sinus/allergies have been wacky too -

well hopefully your hours will get a little better - I've never had to work odd hours like that - don't think I could either -

take it easy - Joy

davedsel57 responded:
Good moaning, Deach!! Good to see your post.

Love your write-up on pets. How true. I've got a 14-week-old Shih-Tzu puppy laying to the left of me as close as he can be. Our Buster is a blessing as are all of our pets.

Sorry about your back and the odd hours. My wife was working 55-60 hour weeks from early May to last week. The store manager had eye surgery and she ran the store. She is very tired and is trying to arrange some off time asap. Her goal is to actually get out of retail and back into an office job. I keep applying on-line to places for her and she gets interviews but no offers. The Lord will make a way.

Have a blessed and marvelous Monday!
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story. Blessings, -Dave

deach777 replied to bj1208's response:
Hey Joy, Mobic was not good for me either, Viaox(sp) was good til they took it off the market Celebrex helps quite a bit.

With fall coming the temps should be nice, hate to think what comes after that though. have a good night, ~Deach~

bj1208 replied to deach777's response:
hey there - yea I tried Celebrex before - boy took one and had the worst tunnel vision - thought I was gonna have a seizure! So they took me off that and put me on hydrocodone - and took that for almost 3 years straight -

have a good one - take care - Joy

deach777 replied to davedsel57's response:
Hi Dave, I would love another dog but i'll wait til one comes along, i need a break from them right now. My lower backs flaring enough.
hope your wife can get out of retail. Its terrible right now> but its a job with insurance for me.
The Lord will show the way, indeed, ~DeacH~

bj1208 replied to deach777's response:
Hey Deach - when we had to put our boxer, Buzz down we swore we would never have another dog - that is until we found a lady who was pregnant and wanted to sell both her boxer dogs (were 3 1/2 yrs old - brothers) so we bought OTIS for $100!! Pure breed too without papers (lost) - it took a little over 6 months and when my husband took one look at both of the boxers I knew his heart was stolen - just wish we could have bought the other one (Milo!! LOL) ~~

You are correct to wait as the right puppy will come along to you ~~ it is hard to lose a family member like that but the right one will come to you -

Take care - hugs - Joy

charl1942 replied to bj1208's response:
Cute Joy, my youngest daughter Shay has a Milo too. Her dog is a "heinz 57", yes 57 varieties. Her heart was stolen again when she saw a thoughbred (dachsund sp)His name is Max. Our little one is Buckwheat, and he IS one of the little rascals!!

Hi Deach, it is so good to read your notes. I only come here occasionally since I still can't be comfortable sitting. I'm still working to try and rectify it, but I am really having a go of it.
It seems you and my husband went to the same school. You know, the one which teaches you to work long after the end of the day. No additional money but fortunalely a pay check. How can I complain when I did the same thing?

bj1208 replied to charl1942's response:
LOL Hey Charl - that is too funny bout ur new family members - can't really say dogs or puppies as they are family members -

Think I remember you telling me Shay had gotten the dachshan -

I think we've all had the work extra hours and no extra pay - it's ok if you are hourly but the salaried people are ones that it hurts the most - and I was one that was a work-a-holic - being a manager of accounting it was more required that we put in 50-80 hours a week - oh yah been there where I would work 16 hours go home sleep for two and be back at the office - ugh - but there is a certain satisfaction when you get the wonderful awards at the end of the year (at least two companies I worked for did that!!)

Well, I hate it when Tim travels with working - he bought a newer truck (just paid other one off) so he's gotta travel for quite a while now - need the extra money

well enough of pitty party~~ LOL - take care - love ya, sis -

deach777 replied to charl1942's response:
Hi Charl, sometimes the best dogs are the mutts of many breeds. I've seen some i like but unfortunately they were someoneelses'. One will come along.
I can't sit that long either, its to much for my butt. Or else my arm goes numb. Back to work again today. Fun fun, have a great day, ~Deach~

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center