Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Oops, I Did It Again
davedsel57 posted:
I lifted the garbage can in our utility room about 11:30 this morning and felt a sudden, sharp, stabbing pain in my middle back. I quickly went to sit in my recliner and realized that the whole left side of my body was tingling - from my head down to my toes. Similar to what happened to me in May 2008 that contributed to my new being permanently disabled and unable to ever work.

I just came from an adjustment with my chiropractor. He said a vertebrae in my middle back - either T12 or L1 or both - had again tipped more outward and damaged ligaments and tendons. The treatment is rest, ice, muscle relaxer and enteric coated aspirin on a regular basis for the next few days.

I know I will recover from this extra pain and go back down to my normal pain levels of a 5-6. I sure hope my wife does not fire me as the full time dear disabled house husband. No, I think that job is fairly secure for me.

Just felt like venting. Hope you are all having a blessed and fantastic Friday, friends.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 responded:
oh gosh Dave am so sorry you did this -seems it's the time for mistakes to happen! LOL I hope that you feel better soon - it's a shame this happened - hope the ice treatments help.

Last weekend I was trying to get our thermometer from under the bottom ladder in the swimming pool (without getting in) so I was laying down between the ladders and leaning down - well just under my breastline was hitting the concrete and I leaned down real far and when I did i moved and felt a crunch - boy have I been hurting - so bad that Tuesday I went to my PCP and had an x-ray - and because of where it's at they really couldn't tell so they sent the x-ray to the radiologist to review and am still waiting to hear -

But there are things I can't do - can't move my left arm, cough, sneeze etc is murder on it -

I have been sleeping sitting up - and it's taken it's toll on me. Needless to say my youngest daughter has been doing all the pool work that I normally do and have gotten in the pool (real cool 84 degrees)

I'm sure your wife will be just fine with what's wrong now - it will go away! LOL

take care - don't over do it - hugs - Joy

davedsel57 replied to bj1208's response:
Joy, I am so sorry to read of your mishap as well. Seems like our spine are more prone to injury with all these problems.

I pray you get answers and relief soon.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story. Blessings, -Dave

dianer01 replied to davedsel57's response:
Ok everyone!

Take care of yourselves! We all like to think we can do crazy things and we can't!

Dave: Get trash cans on wheels!

Joy: What were you doing on the ground anyway?!!!

The only time you will find me on the ground is if I have twisted my ankle and fallen. If I can't get it with my reacher it stays there until a dog gets it or DH does!

Please, both of you heal quickly!!! We need you both at your best!

di

bj1208 replied to dianer01's response:
Hey Diane! LOL Love ur post brought a smile to my face -

Well, not sure if u know, but DH has been traveling with his job - ugh - right now he's in Illinois just on the MO/IL boarderline - working on a refinery going in - that will extract oil from sand and put sand back in ground - this is the 2nd refinery - they have another one in Canada (way, way up north) -

And looks like DH will be traveling quite a bit as work has slowed down here -

so that leaves me to doing a lot around the house - oh my sis-n-law keeps saying leave til they come over but with a pool can't do that - have to add chemicals and it has to be swept etc.,

thanks for the well wishes - and yes you are correct - we wish we could still do the same as before our back/neck issues -

Hope you are doing well - take care - Joy

davedsel57 replied to dianer01's response:
Ok, let's try this again. My first two attempts to reply got eaten by WebMD cyberspace. I really, really, really hope they resolve these problems soon.

Hi, Di!

Thank you for your kind words and encouraging post. Very frustrating that a simple, normal action like moving a garbage can would put me down. Such is life for a FTDDHH (Full Time Dear Disabled House Husband).

My wonderful wife has assured me that my position is secure. She made the coffee this morning (usually my job) and is now out doing some shopping.

Have a blessed and super Saturday, friends.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story. Blessings, -Dave

deach777 responded:
oh the agony, i'm sorry to hear of all the msihaps we are having to add to the back pain we already have. I just was reading this thread and went to the kitchen, I heard the call for Help help,... help help i came running into the living room , tripped over my slippers and did a header almost into the TV and stand. Just landed on the rug, head, neck and shoulder not feeling that good. Here the commercial was on TV for life alert. Help help, son of a gun. I almost needed that thing. Here i thought it was a neighbor in trouble. Here we go HA on top of a sinus HA.
Whats going on, do we need supervision, LOL Hope everyone recovers fine, God bless, ~Deach~

bj1208 replied to deach777's response:
Oh Deach - WOW!!

I was hoping this would have been one of your dreams - gosh guess we need to be in squishy rooms in case we fall!! LOL

Dang guess we do need supervision - I have a hard time getting my back brace on let alone my leg brace and tennis shoe - ugh!!

lessons are always learned the hard way -

Hope you feel better - be sure to ice the areas real well - take care - hugs - Joy

bj1208 replied to davedsel57's response:
Hey Dave - yea I've had too many post go to cyperspace - so now, just like we had to do years ago, I copy my posts before I post them -

I also have found that when I type sometimes I hit the wrong key and all my post disappears - well I have the answer to this -

CONTROL Z

this will bring the post back - so next time you are typing and hit the wrong key and it all disappears - just hit Control Z and it comes back -

well take care - Joy

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
218 of 335 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center