Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
electric shock sensation in the leg
oly7790 posted:
Twice now in a 24 hr period i have felt an elctric shock sensation like sticking your finger in an out let. It starts in the muscle about six inches above the knee and shoots right down to my little toe. Some one mentioned posible blood clot so it has given me some concern. Any suggestion?

davedsel57 responded:
You may need medical attention asap. If these symptoms are continuing, you should go to your nearest hospital emergency room for evaluation and treatment.

Please be aware of the disclaimer at the bottom of the page here at WebMD.com:

"The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, or blogs are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment.Do not consider WebMD User-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately."

Please let us know how you are doing after you seek treatment.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

oly7790 replied to davedsel57's response:
Thank you for the concern but I am looking for insight as to what might cause this. Information or reason that this might occur. Going to the doc for nothing is costly! Sorry but wallet before health is a sad fact of life in today's world.

davedsel57 replied to oly7790's response:
I understand about the cost of a doctor visit, but it is against the rules here to provide a diagnosis or medical advice. It is impossible over an internet message board to tell what is causing your symptoms because it could be any of a number or combination of conditions.

For an accurate diagnosis and effective treatment, you will have to see a doctor. Check for free or low-cost clinics in your area, or go to a hospital emergency room. They can not deny you treatment and you can work out a payment plan later.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Rafael Levin, MD, MSc responded:
By now you may have already sought medical attention. In case you have not yet, and your symptoms have not resolved, you should. Based on the limited information you have provided, your symptoms appear to be more neurologic than vascular. Nevertheless, a blood clot is a serious condition that should be ruled out even if less likely. Good luck, and I hope your symptoms resolve soon.

Helpful Tips

marybear53
I have had relief from facet injections in my lower back. My pain management doctor told me that surgery is not, and will not be an option. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center