Skip to content
Thanks Gang!!
bj1208 posted:
I'm slowly starting to feel better - at least food (homemade chicken N noodles) is really setting good in tummy! LOL

I'm wondering if I had the flu or maybe food poisoning - I have never been that sick - ugh -

thanks again for the well wishes

take care - Joy

davedsel57 responded:
Hi, Joy. Glad to read you are getting better.

Telling the difference between intestinal viruses and food poisoning is difficult. If other members of your family ate the same thing and all or most of you got sick at the same time, that is most likely food poisoning. If one family member gets sick and then another a day or so later, that is most likely a virus. The symptoms and treatment are the same in both cases.

Praying you continue to improve.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 replied to davedsel57's response:
Hi Dave!!!

Thanks so much - it really is hard to tell as I was the only one that ate the food (which I made!!!) so no one else got sick -

All I know is that for about 4 days I couldn't eat anything - hardly drink water - and I lost 15 lbs!!! Which I'm now at the weight I was about 3 weeks after my surgery - my appetite is coming back and i'm watching what I eat and I'm able to drink lots and lots of water - getting stronger each day too -

I'm also wondering of withdrawals were playing a part too - as I couldn't keep anything down - my meds wouldn't stay down - I know that's disgusting but there were about 5 days where I couldn't take my meds - and believe me I didn't want to retrieve them either! LOL

I did get out yesterday and do some errands and by the time I get back I was exhausted but it felt good to get out -

we have cooler weather this last week - temps in the 60's, cloudy and it's raining so it's nice to have the A/C off and the windows opened - we're supposed to warm up next week into the 80's and low 50's at night so will be great weather -

hope you and your wife are doing well - how has she been since her accident? any updates -

take care Dave - hugs to u and ur wife - Joy

davedsel57 replied to bj1208's response:
Hi, Joy.

My wonderful wife is off work from last Wednesday, 9/14 until Monday, 9/26 on workman's comp to help her back heal. It has gotten worse and she is in more pain than ever. She had an MRI a few weeks ago and it shows advanced arthritis, spurring of several vertebrae in the lumbar section, problems with the facet joints, one vertebrae pushed out a bit over another (retrolisthesisis) and a bulging disc pressing on her spinal problems. All are degenerative changes with aging but the doctors feel these conditions were aggravated by the work injuries. She has contracted an excellent w.c. attorney just to make sure all continues smoothly. The doctor (chiro for now) who is managing her care under this case will determine the degree of disability and permanence soon and re-evaluate her next Friday. She may return to work with serious restrictions, or continue off work for a while. She is considering steroid injections and even surgery if it would help. Right now we have a dear friend here doing some house cleaning for us as neither of us are able to do much.

The weather has been quite cool here in WNY as well. 40's overnight with daytime highs in the 60's. Suppose to get into the 70's next week for a few days and be sunny.

Hope you continue to recover from these nasty symptoms.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 replied to davedsel57's response:
WOW Dave! I'm so sorry she is having so many problems -

Unfortunately we all know the pains she is going thru - give her my best wishes~~

I have my L4 disc that is bulging and it's also slipping when I bend (kept telling the PA I could feel bone crunching) she sent me for x-ray and it did show the disc slipping over the L5 fusion - so we are watching that closely -

I am feeling so much better, thank you! I'm eating and eating and craving certain foods - so that is good -

give my best to your wife and I hope she recovers well -

take care - ((((((HUGS))))))

Charl1942 replied to bj1208's response:
I just noticed you have been sick. I am so sorry dear, and on top of wretching and throwing up your pain meds in the process.You had to be very,very sick.

Take care sis

Deach777 replied to bj1208's response:
Sorry Joy, i haven't been here to much so i didn't see you were sick. but sure glad your getting better. Hope you improve fast now. . Not much going on here, just working and aching. Aching and working. God Bless, ~Deach~

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
221 of 338 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center