Skip to content
Hello everyone
charl1942 posted:
I trust this day is one with less pain.

I know most or all of you have had cortisone injections. I know I have had many over the last several years.

I had one injection last Monday the 12th into a very irratated coccyx. The first day and half my pain level went way down, then with vengence the pain shot up to a 9.5. I have never heard of this and I don't know what might be happening. I know the shot was in the right place due to the several hours with little pain in the area. Has anyone out there had this happen? What can I expect? I did try and contact the doctor's office. When the medical assistant finally contacted after another call the next day she said I should continue to do what I am doing which is pain meds and ice and heat. The doctor was off and she is waiting for him to return to clinic on Monday.She said she will discuss with the doc and call Monday. I'lll believe that when it happens. They are not the best at returning calls I guess. Today at noon begins the 7th day since the injection and the pain is unbelievable.
If you know anything to help with the pain please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help.

charl1942 responded:
The doctor's office called yesterday. The doctor wants to repeat the procedure. The sceduling clerk will call back to repeat the procedure. I have decided I will give this 14 days before I schedule another appt. At that time I know what I have to do. The time will have expired when the injection will do any good.

davedsel57 replied to charl1942's response:
Hello, Charl1942.

Sorry I did not reply sooner, but I have never had steroid injections. The risks outweigh the benefits for me due to all my medical problems.

I am praying you will get some relief soon.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

charl1942 replied to davedsel57's response:
Thanks Dave

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center