Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Results MRI T-Spine
bj1208 posted:
Hey everyone - Hope everyone has a Wonderful Thanksgiving Day~~~

I received a copy of the written report of my MRI T-Spine (without contrast) and well it put me in a downer of a mood -

1) Small HEMANGIOMA in T9

2) Focal facet Arthropathy @ T11-T12 on the left. An osteophyte from this level indents the posterior lateral aspect of the thecal sac.

3) Evidence of DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE in the lower CERVICAL SPINE. - I've had pains in my mid to upper back for about 2 years now and thought it was just strain issues from wearing my back brace and sitting/standing more proper.

I called the imaging center to see if they had a measurement on the Hemangioma but the doctor who read the MRI results is out this week - hopefully I will have an idea of how 'small' this tumor is.

Also, I have an appointment @ 8:30am Monday for the psych appointment. They do theirs by computer (one I had 3 years ago and it was paper test) so this will be interesting.

Thought I would give u all the update - will let u know more when I know -

Have a great THANKSGIVING~~

Take care - Joy

georgia888 responded:
Hello Joy,
You have endured so much that it just doesn't seem fair. Often the written diagnostic reports sound worse than the actual condition and I'm hoping this is the case for you. Have you researched "Hemangioma" online yet?

I bet you are looking forward to your appt Monday morning.

Best wishes for a good outcome to all of this. You are a great support for many here. We need you so take good care.

georgia

bj1208 replied to georgia888's response:
Hi Georgia - thanks for the support -

Yes I have researched the blood vessel tumor on-line many times as we have had so many members that have written in with this - even though mine is small other members have had quite large ones - so I did research back then too of the condition -

Guess it's all gonna boil down to when I see the neuro surgeon and go over everything. I'm kinda dumbfounded that he is going forward with all the up-front appts. Have so many questions especially with the new findings - what would happen if these get worse how will the spinal cord stimulator act towards new pains and if the pains become more potent will thy do CT Scans to check on it (won't be able to have MRI with the stimulator implant) and plus they will have to do T-Spine and C-Spine to check for changes -

Ugh - just so many questions and questions

thanks again for the support - I really appreciate it - take care - Happy Thanksgiving~~

Joy

DianeR01 responded:
Hi Joy,

Wow, you have a lot going on girl! The Hemangioma may be a watch and wait thing. You know the questions to ask, now write them down so you won't forget or get distracted in the doctors office.

I hope you are able to have those you love by you for thanksgiving.

my best to you

di

bj1208 replied to DianeR01's response:
Hi DI - thanks for the support~~

yes I already have a list of questions!! hehe - did this yesterday when I received the letter - BUT I know I will be adding to it so I keep it close at bay -

It's funny though, over a year ago I told my pain docs that my upper back was hurting and I thought it might be strain from wearing my brace -they (both) told me "Let's get the lower back fixed before we start looking at the upper back" well guess that day has come - really interested in finding out more of the DDD in the C-spine area....

so will wait and see - have a great Thanksgiving Holiday

take care- Joy

Charl1942 replied to bj1208's response:
Oh Sweetie, What can I say to possibly make you feel better. Nothing I know. I will pray for you to find some comfort sooner rather than later. If Angela and Rodney marry I want you to be front row center. How can I go through that without YOU? I don't expect a wedding anytime soon. They know it will take at least three months to prepare for a wedding and get sisters home. Kidding aside, I pray you will be here when the time comes. Two sisters live out west. Shay is closer in Montgomery, AL, but she is so busy at law she will have to do some planning! I am going to ask my close cousin Vickie to use their BIG camper for sleeping quarters when the time comes. See, there is room for my other sister! Always..I truly will keep you in my prayers daily. As Di said you have always been there to help others, you need a little TLC yourself and you will be treated like a queen here. I'll see to that.

Blessings,
Sissy

bj1208 replied to Charl1942's response:
Hey Sissy - thanks much for support and prayers - I really appreciate everything u have done for me - more than you can imagine -

just had the psych appt yesterday - this one was completely different from one 3 years ago - she doesn't do the 563 questions like the other one did!!! that was a relief~~~

she said she would print off the answers and see if there are any discrepancies and would call me to discuss -

my next step will be an appt with the surgeon and see where we go from there - I have lots of questions for him - with main focus on the MRI T-spine results - and am wondering if the flat panel stimulator will be put on hold til more tests are done especially an MRI C-spine since they did see degenerative disc disease on the lower C-spine - well just more to worry bout right now -

I will try my hardest to be there if Angela & Rodney marry - hopefully everything will work out for them or is it that you want this to hurry as you want grandkids!!! LOL just kiddin!!!

well got another full day of errands to do - weekends Tim and I spend time doing his errands and during the week is my errands!! LOL

take care, Sissy - luv ya

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 38 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center