Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    backbreaking posted:
    Just moaning and sick of this back and leg pain.
    rockymtn7 responded:
    Look at top of this page under Dave, or ask me I am a new to the community but had back fusion years ago. it all started with pain in the leg. i suggest seeing a specialist. but once again in look seriously at Daves secton then make an an advised doctor decision
    bj1208 responded:
    hi and welcome to the support group -

    in order for us to help you please let us know a little more details regarding your pains, when they started, accident, work related, what doctors you've seen etc., the more we know about you the more we can help -

    you can review the 2 pin points at the top of this forum, click Dave's name and/or pic for his story, my name and/or pic for my story -

    this is really a great support group that considers ourselves more of a family.

    please let us know more about yourself. take care - Joy
    backbreaking replied to bj1208's response:
    BJ, I was a supporter of this group for several yrs. I have had 2 surgeries for scoliosis. The las one 20 yrs ago with rod implants. My pain could not be addressed by a pain specialist nor could I take any of the Narcotics for it. All they would do was make me crazy in my head. I just have days when the pain is so bad I get so depressed and angry.
    bj1208 replied to backbreaking's response:
    Hi again~~

    I thought I recognized your name but wasn't sure~~

    I can't remember all that you have gone thru - but have you discussed with your surgeon and/or pain doc to see if you are a candidate for either the spinal cord stimulator implant (there is a new one that is flat panel instead of wire leads and results are higher of pain control) or pain pump implant??

    I have such bad chronic pains and arthritis building up (lumbar area) and just recently had MRI for T-Spine (to see if there is enough room to do flat panel spinal cord stimulator) and now they have found severe arthritis in facet joints in T-11 and T-12, blood vessel tumor at T-9 and in the lower C-Spine was able to see Degenerative Disc Disease ~~ so I have several problems and a hoping that the flat panel spinal cord stimulator will help reduce my pains a lot - my surgeon stated that his patients have had anywhere from 50%-90% reduction in pain!! I am looking forward to this but need to discuss these new findings with the surgeon to see what may need to be done first - I know I do want to have a C-Spine MRI to look at the DDD and how severe it is -

    anyway just wanted to see if you have discussed other treatment options with your docs - keep us posted - take care - Joy
    backbreaking replied to bj1208's response:
    Joy, I am waiting now on two Dr's. to release my records before I go to another Dr. Chronic,severe pain robs you of your life. I've had back problems since my sister found scoliosis in my back when I was 12. I'm just afraid of what the future holds for me.
    Hope you and yours have a "Merry Christmas"

    Helpful Tips

    Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
    Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    39 of 54 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center