Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    HELP!! Utah Man Needs Pain Dr.
    Stark1159 posted:
    I am a 30 year old father of 2 boys 6 and 1, I have L5 S1 buldging discs with stenosis and osteioarthritis. I am in constant pain to some extent and I cannot find a doctor who will see me because I seem to need to many pain pills. I have had the Epidural shots, Physical Therapy, and done everything the previous Dr. have told me but since I get a tolerance fast and need more pain pills the Dr. get sick of me and fire me. I am currently going to a Methadone Clinic in the Ogden Utah area and am taking 140mg of Methadone a day but I need a Dr. Can anbody please please help me??!!?? Not just me but it will help my 2 kids and wife as well. The youngest boy is in my profile picture. Thank you in advance if anybody can help me
    Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Unfortunately WebMD is not allowed or anyone on the community to suggest or recommend doctors.
    We are not to discuss doctors by name.

    It does sound like you need to seek another doctor for treatmen. I can hear your frustration. You need to keep trying for yourself and your family. I hope others will join and support you here as well!
    Welcome Stark!
    Chrissy~ WebMD Staff

    Confucius Say;
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

    bj1208 responded:
    hi and welcome to the support group -

    as Chris as said we cannot release any information relating to doctors, hospitals and/or personal information on the website -

    what I would suggest is that you search for a PHYSIATRIST Pain Management Clinic - there is a search engine at the top of this page: DOCTORS - simply put in the information and it will populate what you are looking for. A PHYSIATRIST Pain Management Clinic will be more strict than other pain clinics as they will have you sign an opiate agreement and will be subject to frequent urine tests. Some PHYSIATRIST Pain Clinics may also call and have you come in same day for a pill count - if you can't make it they consider that a violation of the opiate agreement and may release you - so yes they are more strict BUT they do go deeper into pain management - here is a website outlining what they are and what they do -

    Just an FYI - it will be hard to find a pain physician to see you based on being released from other pain doctors for coming up short. Pain Management Clinics are under strict guidelines of who they write prescriptions for and how often. they must report all pain prescriptions and they can lose their license if they dispense too many too often.

    You should also see either an Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist - get updated MRI/CT Scans to see what all is going on with your back. they can let you know what type of treatment options are available.

    there are other treatments out there that can benefit you - discussing this with the pain doctor and spine specialist will let you know the options: Spinal Cord Stimulator sends false signals to your brain into thinking there is no pain thereby reducing your pain meds intake; pain pump implant where the pain meds are directly administered into the spinal sac around the area where their is pain and also reducing the amount of pain meds intake - these are just a couple of options available - you must discuss with them and see what you are a candidate for -

    You do need professional help with this and need to be under strict guidelines monitoring your pain med intake. please keep us posted - take care - Joy

    Helpful Tips

    Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
    Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    39 of 54 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center