Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Kidney areas sore to the touch.
TylerTrinque posted:
hello, today while I was at work i started noticing these slight mildly painful jolts in my lower back. the pain occurred on the left side half way between my hips and my ribs.that happened around 7:30 pm and lasted until about 8:20. now the jolts are gone but I noticed that both sides (not just the left) are tender in one certain area on each side. could this be an issue with my kidneys?

Take the Poll

anyone ever have this happen before?
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

bj1208 responded:
hi and welcome to the support group -

we mainly deal with issues involving the spine - so I don't think we could really assist you.

the only thing that we can offer is for you to make an appointment with your primary care physician and have him/her check this out - your physician can run some tests etc., and let you know what it is - depending on the outcome of the tests will depend on what type of professional doctor you would need to see.

hope this helps - take care - Joy

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center