Skip to content
knot or lump under skin.
hippie92 posted:
I just found what feels like a small lump or knot under the skin in between my shoulder blade and spine. Its closer to the shoulder blade and feels kind of sore. It feels a little puffier on that side compared to my left side but you can't notice it by looking at it. I do have back problems (beginners scoliosis) and I stress frequently. I also just got a tattoo on my upper back yesterday and was hunched over for 2 hours in the process, Plus had to sleep awkwardly because of the pain due to the tattoo. Could this lump or knot be just tight muscles from stress, sleeping awkwardly, and being hunched over, or should I be worried?

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

Unfortunately, it would be impossible for anyone to tell what this lump is over an internet message board. If it does not go away soon, you should see your doctor for evaluation and treatment.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center