Skip to content
Let's check in!
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
How's your back health this week, let's check in!
Is there something you do that helps with your back pain? A certain stretch or exercise?
Share with us.
Chrissy~ WebMD Staff

Confucius Say;
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

davedsel57 responded:
Hello, Chris and everyone.

It is 37 degrees and raining hard in WNY. Not good weather for spines riddled with arthritis as is mine. Lots of activity lately getting my dad's mobile home ready for sale. Life will hopefully calm down soon.

My favorite thing to do for relief is to sit in my recliner. Our hot tub needs to be drained, cleaned and emptied so that is not available right now - should be soon. Third thing is the sleep number bed which really helps. Enteric aspirin and a muscle relaxer are my only meds, so that also comes into play a bit more often when pain levels are elevated.

Have a blessed and fantastic Friday, friends.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

dianer01 responded:
Hi All!

It is 86 and sunny here right now. A ride with the top down was just what the doctor ordered. Soothes the mind and body.

When I am really hurting, I shut down, crawl into bed and take some ibuprofin. When I get tired of the bed, I get up and stretch, kind of like my dog does, one side at a time, nice and slow.

happy weekend,

di

bj1208 responded:
Hi Chrissy -

well heating pad and hot tub are the ones that help my back pains - but once I am away from them my pains come back, sometimes worse. I also use heat patches (CVS brand - also available at Walgreens) just peel and stick on area - heat lasts up to 8 hours.

I've tried ice packs but they tend to make my plate cold and I can't handle that -

take care - later - Joy

fenton04 replied to davedsel57's response:
Funny about the recliner. My wife bought one way back. I hated it. Never used the darn thing. Then I injured my L4 nerve and now that recliner is my new best friend and constant companion. It keeps me functioning. Also physical therapy and the pool help a lot taking the pressure off the nerve. All in all when compared do everyone else I don t have it as bad. Got to keep a positive attitude.

mcfar73 responded:
Hi, everyone,

I sleep on a heating pad on a memory foam mattress. Yoga, "Back to Health" has made a huge difference. Also, have learned that my shoes have a huge impact on my pain level. New to the group, I am glad to have a place to go that has folks with similar issues!

Helpful Tips

Spinal fusion
I had lumbar fusion at L 4-5, L5-S1 19 years ago with limited success. I have been disabled because of pain, but I still consider the ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center