Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy St. Patric's Day!!
davedsel57 posted:

I'm going to try corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots baked in the oven later today. I usually do the traditional stove-top boiling method but baking is easier for me. I've read some recipes on the internet and it seems like it should work. Just have to add some water - about 2 cups or so - and that should do it.

I pray you all have a great day with as low pain as possible!
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dave let me know how that came out. Was it any different then cooking it on top of the stove? I make corned beef on top of the stove too and I've heard people making it in the crock pot now too. How was it? Hope it was a great day for you!
Chrissy~ WebMD Staff

Confucius Say;
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

davedsel57 replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi, Chris.

The corned beef turned out great. Baked it at 350 degrees for two hours with about 3 cups of water in a foil-covered roasting pan, but it was not quite done. Put it back in the oven for another hour and everything was perfectly delicious. I'll never boil corned beef again. This was much easier for me.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

jenlewi replied to davedsel57's response:
I'm glad your baked corned beef turned out well. I do mine in the crock pot, using one can of beer and an equal amount of water. (Not a big beer drinker, but it does make the meat really tender.) On low, start it 10 hours before you want to eat, and it literally falls apart. Not great if you plan to do sandwiches with leftovers, but if you're just making a meal of it, it's delicious!

Helpful Tips

marybear53
I have had relief from facet injections in my lower back. My pain management doctor told me that surgery is not, and will not be an option. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center