Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Taking A Needed Bread
davedsel57 posted:
I have come to a point that I find it necessary to take a break from posting in all WebMD Communities where I am involved. The length of time I am away will be determined by my own stress levels which are very high right now.

May you all find the health care solutions you are looking for.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

davedsel57 responded:
The title should be "Taking A Needed Break".

Blessings,

-Dave

dianer01 replied to davedsel57's response:
Dave,

You will be missed and we look forward to your return.

di

bj1208 responded:
Dave - as always, your advise is truly appreciative and I trust that you will find rest and healing time away. I hope and pray that you and your wife will be doing well and that your wife will have a speedy recovery.

Please drop in from time to time and let us know how u and your wife are doing. I also hope and pray that your father is doing well.

Take care - Love and Hugs - Joy

davedsel57 responded:
Life in the "sandwich generation" is difficult and stressful. My dad puts pressure on me even though he is in an assisted living facility. Our youngest son has been getting into trouble with the law and has another hearing coming up on 5/17. Stress and chronic pain levels are quite high.

This WebMD Back Pain Community is actually pretty enjoyable for me. There is one Community where there is a lot of drama and I think that is the one I need an extended break from. Di is also a member of that community and should understand. I will be reading here and contributing as able.

Thank you all for your support. Much needed and appreciated.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 replied to davedsel57's response:
Dave - my prayers are with you and your family - it is tough going thru what you are facing and I know God is with you all -

take care friend - Joy

trs1960 responded:
I typed up a lengthy response yesterday and when I posted it the site was unavailable...how appropro.

Dave, I think we all understand in some way. As you saw I said something similar yesterday myself.

Sunday hit me hard dealing with life and then reading all about the guy with tourettes and having to go through surgery with compromised anelgesic. His whole story really hit me hard and I now realize how pain managment doctors must feel and why they have walls up. Having patients that are real people and seeing them in pain and knowing you can give them drugs, but you're responsible for not enough and too much. Not to mention weeding out the drug seekers that do exist and make it necesarry for them to filter all of us.

My good friend just started BP meds as his pain is so great his pressure has been 215/110. He quit taking opiads about a year ago and did quite well until he had another disc go out. Now he's back on his knees again seeing our pain doc and our ortho.

Take care of yourself becasue its up to you to make sure you are there for those you love.

God bless,

Tim

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center