Skip to content
Hey,, its May Moanin
deach777 posted:
Hey, everyone, I thought i would stop by and post an update, not that much has changed. Still moanin, and still working. Can't retire without health ins. so i keep pushing on. Can't get disability as i'm not to that point in my health. But i'm down to min. hours at work and i can rest more. The garden of D eden, hehe., is going strong, veggies are doing good. And roses, wow, they are really blooming. Don't you just smell them??? sending aromaapp.
God bless, everyone, Deach

O God of love, we give you thanks for all you have given us to enjoy; for strength and vigor, for the love and care of home, for joys of friendship, and for every good gift of happiness and health. We praise you for all your servants who by their example and encouragement have helped us on our way, and for every vision of your self which you have given us in Sacrament and prayer; and we ask for your help in using all our gifts to benefit others and to glorify your name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

davedsel57 responded:
Hey, Deach!! Great to see a post from you. Yes, I smell those roses and they are beautiful. Wonderful time of year.

I'm glad you were able to reduce your work hours but still be eligible for benefits. While most health insurance plans are terrible now-a-days, I guess they are better than nothing.

Hope to see you again soon.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 responded:
hey Deach~~~ great to hear from ya - been a long while -be

well, for the most part, we are still here doing the same, moanin!!

roses have been blooming here since the first part of March! guess it's those knock out roses that have taken us by storm - they have looked so beautiful this year - guess cause we didn't have much of a winter -

I have a small flower garden, mostly begonias, double impatients, oriental lilies, miniature tea roses, and a couple others that I lost their name tag - I have those planted in the ground and have a few flower pots on my front deck -

boy did I pay for it too!! LOL I spent 2 afternoons about 4 hours each day working on it and then a few days in bed -

it's great to hear you are working the min hours - means more rest for ya - and that's always good -

keep us posted - take care - Joy

deach777 replied to bj1208's response:
Morning Joy and Dave, really foggy this morning, could be in for a muggy day. Oh well, working in AC so i'll be fine. Put chicken wire up around the garden yest. to keep the wabbits out. Hope they don't learn to jump over. Achy back today and its truckday for me. Although i don't have to unload anymore, but theres a lot of bending and kneeling. Oh my achy bones. LOL Hope you both have a great day, and a LPD if thats possible. God bless, ~Deach~

bj1208 replied to deach777's response:
Hey Deach and everyone~~

yesterday must have been the day for us all. We had thunderstorms that came thru and it was one after another. It rained so much that our pool is now up over the skimmer!!! Hubby said he will keep it that way as it's been really warm and humid it'll evaporate pretty quick.

Hubby and I bought a Harley 2005 Dyno Low Rider~~~yep I'm and ole' Harley girl!! we had one in CO and we rode it quite a bit before my back problems. so........................... last night went for a "trial ride" and man I have to say it was great - I wore my back brace (wrap around) the seat is very comfy and my back did not give me any problems as far as I can tell - my only problem was my left leg (has the most never damage) and it went numb real fast. so when we got home we got in the hot tub and boy did that feel good!!

I know I'm taking a risk but dang I love riding on the back and yes we do wear helmets as it's the law in our state. we're gonna start out with short trips around town and will add a little more.

well, I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL MEMORIAL WEEKEND - stay safe and have LPD~~

take care - Joy

deach777 replied to bj1208's response:
Hey Joy, I would love to have a pool or a hot tub, sounds so good. I don't live that far from York Pa. where they make Harleys. My dad was there but not me. I rode years ago but today, no. I fall off my bicycle, so i can imagine a bigger veh. Just be careful, and watch for the road idiots. I put my big AC in this morning by myself, and i will pay for it tomorrow r later today. But sheeeze its getting hot. Have a great holiday weekend. ~Deach~

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
221 of 338 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center