Skip to content
Therapy In Water
davedsel57 posted:
Hello, everyone.

Thought I'd start a new discussion about my physical therapy sessions in their pool.

I am very thankful to report that after 4 sessions my chronic average back pain levels have gone from a '6' on a scale of 1 -10 down to a '5'. I had a chiropractic adjustment this past Wednesday, and my chiro guy said it was easier to manipulate my spine. I feel a general sense of feeling stronger. As I mentioned in the other thread, our health insurance plan will cover 60 visits per year so I am planning to go twice per week for the rest of the year. It just feel so good to have some improvement in my pain levels.

Just proves my mantra to keep doing research, keep moving as much as possible, keep a positive attitude, and now I can say keep trying different treatments to see what helps.

I hope you are all having a super Saturday, friends.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Debsbears responded:
Dave that is good that it is working for you. Just think in a few more sessions you could be down to a 3 or lower. I will continue to pray the water therapy keeps working for you. Deb

davedsel57 replied to Debsbears's response:
Thanks so much, Deb. A '3' would be miraculous, but I believe in miracles so it could happen!
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

painloopy responded:
This is good news! I try to tell folks all the time how pool PT really helps with chronic back pain issues. Of course, it really depends on what your pain is caused from as to how much benefit it may do. I've been doing it religiously at least 2 times a week for almost 6 years now. I started out at 15 minutes going very slow. Now I'm at 25 minutes but I have more PT movements and walk faster than I used to. My pain level has leveled off between 5-6 most of the time unless my back flares up from over-doing it. If I get sick or for some other reason can't make it to the pool my pain level gets dramatically worse in just a week and goes to around 7. That makes it hard to get back to the pool but I start back at 10-15 minutes and work back up to 25 min in a few weeks. Hot tubs with jets really help afterwards also to work out any muscle spasms the exercise causes. Good luck and keep it up!

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
218 of 335 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center